New Muppet Whatnot Kits at Toys R Us

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm... easily accessible, possibly much cheaper versions of the F.A.O. Schwartz Muppet Workshop puppets.

I might just pick one up.

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
The only downfall I see is that they don't seem to come with clothing! Maybe sold separately?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The only downfall I see is that they don't seem to come with clothing! Maybe sold separately?
I didn't see any clothes at Toys R Us... but now that I think about it, I wasn't really looking for them. FAO sells shirts online for $25, but that's pretty crazy. Hopefully Toys R Us will sell some.

I ended up buying the orange Whatnot. He's really awesome. As far as I can tell, the quality is only slightly lower than the custom ones from FAO. I think the puppet might be a bit smaller (especially in the head region), but it's such an awesome idea and gorgeous piece that I overlook that. The way of putting on the facial features is pretty ingenious... it's just Velcro. The ONLY problem I have is that the small, red-ball nose comes off pretty easily... but everything else stays on perfectly.

It's an awesome thing and I'm so glad that the Whatnots are more widely available now.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
these are great...my only gripe is that they are too small for my hands, and thats the main reason i didnt but one when i went to FAO

how do you buy just the clothes...ive been wanting some for my own puppets????

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Cool- really glad that they are trying to make them more accessible by selling them at Toys R Us and including a variety of different hair, noses, etc. Yeah, they should of at least put one or two shirts or something in there- we could have a lot of naked Whatnots, lol.

Hmm, maybe I'll ask for this for christmas.....

rowlfy662

Reaction score
excellent i don't have a whatnot from fao so this will by alternative christmas shall be muppety for me can't wait to find these

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Oh I want one of these!

I have an actual Whatnot, but I think he's pretty lonely and wouldn't mind a friend :smile: