New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Yeah and it's just doesn't make sense to me.
Is it a comedy or a serious drama because if it's the latter I really couldn't take Olaf the snowman solving crimes with Zoot and Floyd Pepper seriously.

And it's apparently meant to erase all events from the last decade so that means no Walter and no Constantine which pretty much means the last 9 years has been a waste in my eyes
Already heard some news, the whole series didn’t get far into production due to Josh Gad’s filming schedule and him busy.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Except that it’s Lucasfilm’s fault that the remaining Pigs in Space YouTube videos haven’t been uploaded—they were Star Wars parodies and the current head honchos at Lucasfilm don’t want people to associate comedy with Star Wars. All this was revealed in a recent interview with Kirk Thatcher.

This is also why a joke depicting Kylo Ren as a whiny spoiled manchild got cut from Ralph Breaks the Internet.

So it appears that the current Lucasfilm people need to lighten up. Hope they’ll do that after Episode IX comes out, if anything.
Pure speculation I don't buy it.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Just my opinion mate. And I'm not too keen on Live another day tbh. I feel they have overused the muppets getting back together again nonsense and I would rather see something different
I like kind of a take on the Producers for a movie don't know if it would work as a show. Gonzo and Kermit as Directors!

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I don't think anyone posted it here yet: Bob Iger plans to step down in 2021 .
Would 2022 be better for the Muppets, or worse, I wonder.
In one part it could be better as The Muppets weren't one of his acquired projects like star wars and the new ceo may want to promote them more

On the other hand the new ceo may use want nothing to do with them

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
In one part it could be better as The Muppets weren't one of his acquired projects like star wars and the new ceo may want to promote them more

On the other hand the new ceo may use want nothing to do with them
I think the Muppets show for Disney plus will definitely help bring the Muppets back to popularity.

MWoO

Reaction score
It would be even better if they hid the cost for the shorts in the budget for the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.