New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
How about hand the Muppets off to another Disney Division like Lucasfilm? Lucasfilm is doing a great job making star wars content for Disney and not just Movies but also TV shows, Books, Comics and Video Games and VR could be a wise idea! imagine Muppets treatment under Kathleen Kennedy...
Except that it’s Lucasfilm’s fault that the remaining Pigs in Space YouTube videos haven’t been uploaded—they were Star Wars parodies and the current head honchos at Lucasfilm don’t want people to associate comedy with Star Wars. All this was revealed in a recent interview with Kirk Thatcher.

This is also why a joke depicting Kylo Ren as a whiny spoiled manchild got cut from Ralph Breaks the Internet.

So it appears that the current Lucasfilm people need to lighten up. Hope they’ll do that after Episode IX comes out, if anything.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Except that it’s Lucasfilm’s fault that the remaining Pigs in Space YouTube videos haven’t been uploaded—they were Star Wars parodies and the current head honchos at Lucasfilm don’t want people to associate comedy with Star Wars. All this was revealed in a recent interview with Kirk Thatcher.

This is also why a joke depicting Kylo Ren as a whiny spoiled manchild got cut from Ralph Breaks the Internet.

So it appears that the current Lucasfilm people need to lighten up. Hope they’ll do that after Episode IX comes out, if anything.
I didn't know there weren't any new Pigs in Space videos on YouTube because of this. Thanks.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
"Muppets Live Another Day" should be joining Disney+, it shouldn't be cancelled! Besides, The Muppets are special to Disney.
Just my opinion mate. And I'm not too keen on Live another day tbh. I feel they have overused the muppets getting back together again nonsense and I would rather see something different

DMHFan

Reaction score
Just my opinion mate. And I'm not too keen on Live another day tbh. I feel they have overused the muppets getting back together again nonsense and I would rather see something different
I see.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Yeah and it's just doesn't make sense to me.
Is it a comedy or a serious drama because if it's the latter I really couldn't take Olaf the snowman solving crimes with Zoot and Floyd Pepper seriously.

And it's apparently meant to erase all events from the last decade so that means no Walter and no Constantine which pretty much means the last 9 years has been a waste in my eyes

DMHFan

Reaction score
Yeah and it's just doesn't make sense to me.
Is it a comedy or a serious drama because if it's the latter I really couldn't take Olaf the snowman solving crimes with Zoot and Floyd Pepper seriously.

And it's apparently meant to erase all events from the last decade so that means no Walter and no Constantine which pretty much means the last 9 years has been a waste in my eyes
It's a comedy, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.