New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that the Josh Gad project had to be on hold due to Josh Gad’s film commitments

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It’s wrong to jump to conclusions.

Man, the pessimism of Muppet fans these days is SICKENING and goes against the Muppet/Henson way! :rolleyes:
I think you're mistaking "pessimism" with "an understanding of reality."

I'm willing to be surprised, but ever since the ABC series was cancelled, there's been practically nothing. Yes, the live shows were cool. But what else has there been? Those "Thoughts of the Week" videos? "Drop the Mic?" There doesn't seem to be any strategy or goal anymore.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I think you're mistaking "pessimism" with "an understanding of reality."

I'm willing to be surprised, but ever since the ABC series was cancelled, there's been practically nothing. Yes, the live shows were cool. But what else has there been? Those "Thoughts of the Week" videos? "Drop the Mic?" There doesn't seem to be any strategy or goal anymore.
No, I am not. As much as I understand, it IS pessimism and I’m just expressing annoyance towards it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To repeat the broken record, Disney is basically just like “what are we even gonna do with these guys” when it comes to the muppets.

I’m just saying. Give them to warner or Universal, heck, why not even MGM?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that the Josh Gad project had to be on hold due to Josh Gad’s film commitments
I saw that mentioned on the ToughPigs forum.

One other Muppet series that that same person said has been pitched for Disney+ is one of touring The Muppet Show Live (just like the Hollywood Bowl and O2 Arena shows) and having different "guest stars" for every tour stop. These would be filmed and turned into a season of a reboot of The Muppet Show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Imma take a step back a bit on this. My gut reaction was "GRRRRRRR!", as I'm sure every other Muppet fan's would've been.

But I'm now seeing two factors:

1. All the Muppet performers are probably committed to Sesame this year for the 50th anniversary stuff (the tour, appearances on other shows, possibly the movie as well). So, really not much Disney can do unless they can base a whole series around, I dunno, Yolanda and Mo Frackle.

2. All the stuff they announced today, I'm pretty sure, is all going to be there when the service launches day 1. If there's going to be any new Muppet content, I'd rather it not get lost in the shuffle of other stuff and can properly get promoted.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I’m just saying. Give them to warner or Universal, heck, why not even MGM?
Universal wouldn't be a wise decision, considering they basically did the same thing to the Chipmunks that Disney's been doing with the Muppets all these years. More like what Eisner tried to do with the Muppets and to the Hensons (and SS) after Jim's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.