New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If this is going to happen they need to have Frank Oz Steve Whitmire Jim Lewis and Kirk Thatcher involved in some way.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, no, there's no way they're bringing back Steve at this point. But both Jim Lewis and Kirk Thatcher have worked with the Muppets under Disney, so hopefully they'll be involved. Plus, we still have Dave Goelz.

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
My favorite moment of the 2015 series is something I'm shocked no one mentioned. After 50 years we finally saw Kermit hop, not implied, we saw him hop up from behind his desk, then out the window. I mean he is a frog after all ;-).

BertsNose

Reaction score
This sounds like very exciting news. I hate that this makes me want Disney's new streaming service. I already have Netflix and Hulu which is probably expensive enough. Who knows how much it will cost to get this. If it does end up bootlegged elsewhere on the internet, I don't want to risk giving my computer a virus or something by searching for it.

It kind of makes me wish the 2015 show that was on ABC wasn't cancelled, because at least it was on a station that everybody has. I actually liked that it was a little more mature and adult. I guess I will just wait for when more details of the show will be released or if by some miracle it ends up on Hulu. I don't know if this is true but in a comments section somewhere someone replied to me saying that Disney apparently owns Hulu now through the Fox merger so they guessed that's the form it might take. I know Disney owns the Muppets so it would make more sense if the show to be on the new streaming service. I just don't want to have to beg my mom to pay for a third streaming service just so I can watch the new Muppet series whenever it comes out.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Here's the thing about streaming services: you don't need to commit to more than a month at a time unless you pay for a year.

At a certain point, you can essentially just go the route of "This month I'll get Netflix, then next month do Hulu, and the month after Disney's thing."

BarneyNedward

Reaction score
I can't wait for this. I'm going to use my Christmas money for next year to pay for a few months. I hope this streaming app will be where the New Warriors series will air.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
In this day and age I think more and more people want shows with more character development and heavier story arcs. I mean, kids cartoons are becoming more complex and arc heavy, we're even starting to see it a lot with comedies such as The Good Place, Last Man On Earth, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Not to mention, variety shows are few and far between nowadays, and the ones that have existed recently haven't done so well (aside from SNL). So, i'm not saying that they should have 13 dramatic episodes where they ban together to defeat some big bad, but what i'm saying is the show needs to have more fleshed out plots, slightly more character development, and maybe an episode every year that changes the status quo just a little.
For the most part, I feel like the 2015 series did a good job at that (pre-reboot).

Status
Not open for further replies.