New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Something tells me Disney would want this to be on at hours when children are awake, and I can't say for all kids but when I was a kid, my bedtime was 9PM (when I entered middle school it was 10).
Exactly. Before Once Upon a Time would be the best Sunday slot. That would put it in the America's Funniest Home Videos position, but that show has slid around before.

Let me see. Looking at this week's ABC lineup...

Monday at 8 they have Dancing with the Stars. They could pop the Muppets in that slot during its off season unless there's something more important that fills that slot.

Tuesday at 8 they have back to back Fresh Off the Boat. The Muppets could take one of those slots.

Wednesday at 8 they have The Middle. One of the cast, the oldest son, is reportedly leaving that show to be in a CBS pilot. It could be canceled. More room for Muppets as a lead in for Goldbergs and Modern Family.

Thursday at 8 is Grey's Anatomy in its final season. That usually leads into the Shonda Rhimes block of shows. Might not be the best fit, but it'll be open next season.

Friday at 8 and 8:30 they play Last Man Standing and Cristela. That's a dreaded spot that shows usually go to die, but ABC has floated stuff there before for years (hence Last Man Standing and Cristela). It's the least attractive option, but it's an option.

Saturday at 8 they play Shark Tank. That's slid around to different slots before. I feel the same about Saturdays as I do Fridays, but who knows. They could make that a comedy night that leads into SNL. Still not desirable.

Sunday at 7 and 8 they play AFV followed by Once Upon a Time. Again, they could bump AFV to a different slot or bump OUaT to 9 in order to squeeze the Muppets in. Right now 9pm belongs to a short-run series followed by Revenge which is hemorrhaging viewers.

So, there you go. Of course there are a lot of new pilots that will take these prime spots, but the new Muppet Show is a pilot too. There's opportunity. ABC is willing to shoot this, they'd be willing to find a place for it. :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Exactly. Before Once Upon a Time would be the best Sunday slot. That would put it in the America's Funniest Home Videos position, but that show has slid around before.

Let me see. Looking at this week's ABC lineup...

Monday at 8 they have Dancing with the Stars. They could pop the Muppets in that slot during its off season unless there's something more important that fills that slot.

Tuesday at 8 they have back to back Fresh Off the Boat. The Muppets could take one of those slots.

Wednesday at 8 they have The Middle. One of the cast, the oldest son, is reportedly leaving that show to be in a CBS pilot. It could be canceled. More room for Muppets as a lead in for Goldbergs and Modern Family.

Thursday at 8 is Grey's Anatomy in its final season. That usually leads into the Shonda Rhimes block of shows. Might not be the best fit, but it'll be open next season.

Friday at 8 and 8:30 they play Last Man Standing and Cristela. That's a dreaded spot that shows usually go to die, but ABC has floated stuff there before for years (hence Last Man Standing and Cristela). It's the least attractive option, but it's an option.

Saturday at 8 they play Shark Tank. That's slid around to different slots before. I feel the same about Saturdays as I do Fridays, but who knows. They could make that a comedy night that leads into SNL. Still not desirable.

Sunday at 7 and 8 they play AFV followed by Once Upon a Time. Again, they could bump AFV to a different slot or bump OUaT to 9 in order to squeeze the Muppets in. Right now 9pm belongs to a short-run series followed by Revenge which is hemorrhaging viewers.

So, there you go. Of course there are a lot of new pilots that will take these prime spots, but the new Muppet Show is a pilot too. There's opportunity. ABC is willing to shoot this, they'd be willing to find a place for it. :smile:
The Middle is not getting cancelled, but just to give you an idea of what shows are cancelled, and what are not.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...tion-bears-predictions-are-wrong-poll/379071/

Forever,Resurrection, and Cristela are almost certain to be cancelled, so that leaves some open spots for air time.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
So yesterday, this was trending worldwide on Facebook for a short period of time, and today, it is making the rounds again, with "The Muppet Show" being one of the top worldwide trends! Great publicity!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The Middle is not getting cancelled, but just to give you an idea of what shows are cancelled, and what are not.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...tion-bears-predictions-are-wrong-poll/379071/

Forever,Resurrection, and Cristela are almost certain to be cancelled, so that leaves some open spots for air time.
I'm updated on that information and all of it is speculation as is the renewal or cancellation of The Middle. Many of ByTheNumbers' predictions have been wrong. They're kind of known for it. Official renewals and cancellations can be seen here. While still popular, the Middle hasn't been given an official renewal yet because cast contracts are set to expire and one cast member has already taken another job. It could still go either way and that's all I said. Personally, I've seen a couple of episodes and I hope it stays. It's a unique show that portrays underrepresented families in a realistic light.

As for Forever, it hasn't been canceled but could very well be. I think Resurrection has gotten the boot already. However, Cristela could remain on the schedule because it's not that expensive to produce and it represents diversity in content and who's really competing over a Friday slot?

As stated, I listed potential openings on the lineup.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
This is on prime time, not really for kids, personally I would love a TV-14 muppet show airing at 10pm, but most likely it will be a TV-PG show airing at 8:00pm-9:00pm, so all audiences can watch the show.
I would put it on 8:00 PM Wednesday or Thursday, what do you guys think?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, because God forbid we give a Muppet show the dreaded TV-G rating, that's for kids, kids don't want to watch anything with a TV-G rating, and parents don't want to have to sit through a TV-G rated show with their kids.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Just heard about this and the X-Files mini-series within days of each other! Two of my favorite shows, and I am cautiously optimistic about both of them. I have the utmost faith in the performers, just please, writers, don't mess it up!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I for one am not worried about this much at all. I hoestly think that Disney has finally got the right people in charge of the Muppets, and I also think that they are slowly revealing there game plan to us. I can't wait to hear and see more.