New Muppet DVDs in the UK

gooball

Reaction score
I called Buena Vista Home Entertertainment (Australia) earlier in the week. They looked it up on their computer and it was listed as ~ the 9th of November. Seeing as Australian DVDs usually use the same masters as R2 (and vice versa), I'd say the U.K. will have it out around the same time. If not, most R2 and 4 DVDs are dual-region coded (i.e. Australian discs will work in the U.K.).

The only problem is the crappy new ratings logo which has come out recently... that's sure to ruin the artwork :frown:.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
gooball said:
I called Buena Vista Home Entertertainment (Australia) earlier in the week. They looked it up on their computer and it was listed as ~ the 9th of November. Seeing as Australian DVDs usually use the same masters as R2 (and vice versa), I'd say the U.K. will have it out around the same time. If not, most R2 and 4 DVDs are dual-region coded (i.e. Australian discs will work in the U.K.).

The only problem is the crappy new ratings logo which has come out recently... that's sure to ruin the artwork :frown:.
What dvds are being released in Australia gooball? I'm starting to lose track of all the muppet/henson dvds in Australia.

gooball

Reaction score
The season one set :smile:.

BTW, I need to get back into ozmuppets because my old email changed. But I'm waiting for 'he whose name starts with A' to sign me up...

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Important News!!!:

Play.com says "The Complete Season 1 of The Muppet Show" will be released in the UK on 14/11/2005!!! :excited:

The DVDs will be the same as Region 1 release. Here's the full details : CLICK TO VIEW

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Important News!!!:

Play.com says "The Complete Season 1 of The Muppet Show" will be released in the UK on 14/11/2005!!! :excited:

The DVDs will be the same as Region 1 release. Here's the full details : CLICK TO VIEW
So the questions are...

- are we getting the same cuts as the US, or have Disney been able to (or bothered to) get the rights for a UK release?
- are these genuine PAL recordings, or are Disney going to take the same stupid route as Time-Life did, and just convert their NTSC copies (the results were appalling - totally unwatchable)
- why are Play only listing 22 of the shows? :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
gooball said:
The season one set :smile:.

BTW, I need to get back into ozmuppets because my old email changed. But I'm waiting for 'he whose name starts with A' to sign me up...
Thats great news, where did you hear this?

G-MAN

Reaction score
Oddly enough it only lists 22 episodes exluding Kaye Ballard and The Mummenshantz

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
anathema said:
So the questions are...

- are we getting the same cuts as the US, or have Disney been able to (or bothered to) get the rights for a UK release?
- are these genuine PAL recordings, or are Disney going to take the same stupid route as Time-Life did, and just convert their NTSC copies (the results were appalling - totally unwatchable)
- why are Play only listing 22 of the shows? :smile:
And will the packing be furry as well! :stick_out_tongue: