New Muppet books to tie in with the movie on the way!

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
Tough Pigs and Muppet Mindset have the scoop!
http://www.toughpigs.com/new-books/
http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2011/05/muppets-movie-merchandise-sneak-peek.html

The Muppets: Reader 1 [paperback, 32 pages]
Price: $3.99 EUR 2,99
Publisher: LB Kids
ISBN: 978-0316182973
Release date: October 11, 2011
Description: Read all about Kermit the Frog and his zany friends in this illustrated early reader. © Disney
Author: Ray Santos is the author of numerous licensed children books including Power Rangers, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Super Hero Squad and Transformers. He lives in Brooklyn, NY.

The Muppets: Reader 2 [paperback, 32 pages]
Price: $3.99 EUR 2,99
ISBN: 978-0316182980
Description: Meet all of the Muppet characters in this illustrated early reader. © Disney
Author: Ray Santos is the author of numerous licensed children books including Power Rangers, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Super Hero Squad and Transformers. He lives in Brooklyn, NY.

The Muppets: The Muppet-tacular Ultimate Sticker Book (The Muppets Movie Tie-In) [paperback, 96 pages]
Price: $12.99 EUR 9,99
ISBN: 978-0316182997
Description: This giant sticker book includes tons of fun stickers to use as you help the Muppets put on a show. Use the section of reusable stickers with The Muppets: The Muppet Show Stage Set: A Punch Out-and-Play Model Book for even more fun! © Disney
Author: Alexis has written over 30 books for children. She lives in Brooklyn Heights with her husband and little fluffy dog named Ernie.

The Muppets: The Muppet Show Stage Set: A Punch Out-and-Play Model Book (The Muppets Movie Tie-In) [paperback, 12 pages]
Price: $8.99 EUR 6,99
ISBN: 978-0316183000
Description: Punch out all the pieces and put together your own Muppet Theater stage set, complete with curtain and backdrop! Includes Muppet standees so you can put on your own show! No other materials are required for assembly. Works with the The Muppets: The Muppet-tacular Ultimate Sticker Book for even more fun! © Disney

Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet [hardcover, 240 pages]
Price: $12.99 EUR 9,99 (currently about $ 14.05)
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
ISBN: 978-0316183024
Release date: September 5, 2011
Description: On a scale of one to ten, sixth-grader Danvers Blickensderfer’s life is a solid minus two. But he really hits rock bottom when he auditions for the local talent show: his death-defying hula-hooping-ninja tribute to Gonzo the Great is beat out by the world’s most obnoxious middle school boy band, Emo Shun. With his daredevil dreams dashed, Danvers goes to bed… and wakes up feeling a little fuzzy-literally! He’s turned into a Muppet! Fortunately, there’s an internship open at the Muppet Theater and Danvers has a chance to meet his long-nosed, stunt-lovin’ hero! All aboard The Electric Mayhem bus as this misfit makes good and joins the zaniest crew ever: The Muppets! © Disney
Author: Kirk Scroggs is one quarter Muppet by birth. As a child, he used his Pigs in Space lunch box for so long, his mom finally declared it a rusty, toxic health hazard and gave it to his little brother. Originally from Austin, Texas, Kirk now lives in Los Angeles where he enjoys doodling, spray tans, and writing important literature like Wiley and Grampa’s Creature Features: Hair Ball From Outer Space.

The Muppets: The Movie Junior Novel (The Muppets Movie Tie-In) [paperback, 144 pages]
Price: $5.99 EUR 4,99
ISBN: 978-0316183031
Description: Based on the new movie, this junior novelization features an 8-page insert of movie photos! © Disney
Author: Katharine Turner lives in Brooklyn, NY.

Frogs Are Funny: The Most Sensational, Inspirational, Celebrational, Muppetational Muppets Joke Book EVER! [hardcover, 208 pages]
Price: $14.99 EUR 10,99 (currently about $ 15.46)
ISBN: 978-0316183116
Description: A bright and fun collection of some of the best jokes, one-liners, and comedy bits ever spouted by your favorite Muppet characters, illustrated with full color photos of the Muppets. A must-have for Muppets fans of all ages!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am mixed on how excited I am. Most of these sound awesome, but at the same time I don't know how much of a need I have for them (I'll probably get the movie adaptation to see how it ends before the movie comes out).

Those first two Muppet books I might get depending on how comprhensive they are. I have a feeling that The Muppets: Reader 1 will just focus on the main characters. If The Muppets: Reader 2 is more comprehensive and has every Muppet I'll be more likely to pick that one up.

The sticker books sound like fun but I don't know if I'll need those (even if one is basically a theater playset in sticker form. I wonder if the stage ssticker book will contain Vets Hospital, Pigs in Space, Muppet Labs, or At the Daance backdrops).

Tales of a Fifth Grade Muppet seems a little weird, and I really don't know if I need a Muppet joke book.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Disney's marketing machine is geared up and include products for a crucial target age group - kids! No longer are they relegated to only nostalgic niche merchandise. This is very important! This tells me they're covering all their bases and the really cool thing - - they are getting kids interested in the Muppet Theater and the wide cast of Muppet characters. This is completely new! :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Looks like a good crop - the jokebook looks like it may be something cool for all Muppet fans regardless of age.

The odd one though is the movie junior novelization - not that they're doing one (they have before), but the fact that it's being released over a month before the movie. They're going to essentially spoiler it all that much ahead of time? Yikes.

Dearth

Reaction score
Not necessarily... I read the entire junior novelization of POTC: On Stranger Tides, and it just cuts off about halfway through the film.

Sign me up for that punch-out theatre one. That's right up my alley.

Alex

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't realise before that the number of pages per book are listed. I had been wondering how The Muppets: Reader 1 and The Muppets: Reader 2 will be different, thinking Reader 2 will be longer and feature more characters. But it looks like both books will be 32 pages.

I thought maybe Reader 1 would just focus on the main characters: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Bunsen & Beaker, Statler & Waldorf, the original Electric Mayhem 5, Sam the Eagle, The Swedish Chef, maybe Rizzo and Pepe, maybe Walter and Uncle Deadley, and maybe Robin, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, Beauregard, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, and Sweetums, with Reader 2 featuring more characters, including obscure characters and a big number of Jim Henson Hour/Muppets Tonight characters. Though I noticed the description for "Book 2" says "Meet all of the Muppet characters", while book one says "Learn about Kermit and his zany friends".

Though these are aimed at kids, I'd be surprised if the sticker book (at 96 pages) and punch-out theater set don't have a good amount of obscure characters (unless there's more than enough character variants/alternate poses or stickers of props and set pieces).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The odd one though is the movie junior novelization - not that they're doing one (they have before), but the fact that it's being released over a month before the movie. They're going to essentially spoiler it all that much ahead of time? Yikes.
Ah yes... the ubiquitous "junior novelization." I wonder why they ever bother making these. I know teachers make dang well sure students CAN'T use them in book reports, and half of them are wildly inaccurate. And never ever fun to read. Sometimes they have the deleted scenes... but only if they work off the original script. I've never been a fan. And I still don't understand the point of them. :smile:

But those pop up theater playset books? SHELL YEAH! I'd buy several of that one! I wish I had room to display the little cut outs of the characters.... joke book seems rife with potential too. Should be very Fozzie heavy. Man,... it's been SOOOO long since we've seen Muppet kids' books. I really hope a making of book could come out too. I LOVE Muppet Making of Books!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
the muppet theater i must buy when comes out thats such a good idea and also we shall finnaly get a theater love to see pics of that when it comes out :smile::crazy:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm thinking the sticker/punch-out companion books might be along the lines of the classic Shrinky Dinks Muppet theatre - kids activity book/toy made of total awesomeness.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Oh, man. I am all OVER the stickers and punch-outs! Of course, the total nerd in me requires I buy two copies of each...one to save pristine, one to play with...