New movies coming out...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I was just saying yesterday how much I'd like to see another W & G movie.

I hope it's good as good as the Close Shave. That's my all time fav.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Anybody going to see Ladder 49 this weekend? I think I'll see it tomorrow. To bad it's just me and not someone else.... :cry: !

ryan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Anybody going to see Ladder 49 this weekend? I think I'll see it tomorrow. To bad it's just me and not someone else....!ryan
I'm not seeing it this weekend,but eventually(still getting over a cold & my ears are congested). I've been a huge fan of John's since Welcome Back Kotter & Joaquin's since Parenthood and mainly to see my city of Baltimore in the movie. I love movies; especially having to deal with: cops,firemen,military,or the like. Can't wait to see it.Glad your going to see it to Ryan.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The first time I saw the trailer for Ladder 49, I turned to my dad and said, I'm going to see this. If the trailer is as good as it looks, then I think the movie will be good too. But you never can tell. Anyway, I'm always kind of iffy on John Travolta thought because let's face it, he's made some bad movies within the last 7 years or so. But he does look good as the fire chief of the station.

I'll post a review after I've seen the movie later on today.

ryan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I just read this morning on IMDB,that Mel Brooks is writing a sequel to Spaceballs.I wonder how it's going to be.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Ladder 49 review:

Ladder 49 is the tale of local firefighters in Baltimore and the lives they lead in the job of firefighting. Joaquin Phoenix plays rookie fire fighter Jack Morrison and John Travolta plays his captain, Mike Kennedy. The movie starts out with Joaquin and company battling a fire, but Joaquin injures himself and is alone in a firey building. He then thinkas about his past from when he started as a rookie firefighter at Ladder 49 and recalls important events that leads up to where the movie started off. The movie not only pays tribute to the lives of firefighters, but also was a great movie to watch. Phoenix does a great job with his character and so does Travolta. Wonderful film to watch. Heck, I might see it again! 3 1/2 out of 4 stars.

ryan

McFraggle

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I'm not seeing it this weekend,but eventually(still getting over a cold & my ears are congested). I've been a huge fan of John's since Welcome Back Kotter...
It's just a shame Horshack's career never took off. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
It's just a shame Horshack's career never took off. :smile:
Well,no,he did a lot of small B-horror films;but right now he's a children's book illustrator & mostly acts in plays & operas.