New Mickey Mouse Shorts Announced

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Another one of the new shorts, titled "No Service", was posted on Disney.com today:
http://video.disney.com/watch/disneychannel-no-service-4df889ed3d82b43c9c01a272

EDIT: On a side note, Bill Farmer (voice of Goofy and Pluto) confirmed on his Twitter feed recently that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is ending production (in other words, Clubhouse will not have anymore new episodes). It seems a bit coincidental with the new Mickey shorts series starting around the same time. :stick_out_tongue:

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
On a side note, Bill Farmer (voice of Goofy and Pluto) confirmed on his Twitter feed recently that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is ending production (in other words, Clubhouse will not have anymore new episodes). It seems a bit coincidental with the new Mickey shorts series starting around the same time. :stick_out_tongue:

This has no offense to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fans!!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Seems a bit out of character for Goofy to be so rude to his customers (unless he really was a jerk in the early shorts), but this was a hilarious short nonetheless. :smile:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Seems a bit out of character for Goofy to be so rude to his customers (unless he really was a jerk in the early shorts), but this was a hilarious short nonetheless. :smile:
Just think of it as Goofy the actor playing a character named Goofy, if you know what I mean (similar to how Kermit plays Kermit in most of the Muppet movies).

Besides, a lot of the old shorts placed the characters into different kinds of roles, as well as recieving slight personality adjustments to suit whatever roles they were playing. And they didn't always play protagonistic roles or "100% in character" roles in the early shorts either (for example: in 1933's "Ye Olden Days", Goofy played a somewhat antagonistic role as a suitor to Princess Minnie; or 1928's "The Barn Dance" where Mickey did not win out in the end; etc.).

So, it seems to me that they're trying to restore the original levels of versatility that Mickey and company had in the past that kind of became lost in recent years, even if it might mean slightly altering their personalities just for the roles that they get cast in.

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT: On a side note, Bill Farmer (voice of Goofy and Pluto) confirmed on his Twitter feed recently that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is ending production (in other words, Clubhouse will not have anymore new episodes). It seems a bit coincidental with the new Mickey shorts series starting around the same time. :stick_out_tongue:
That's absolutely great news. I applaud MMCH for bringing back Mickey and Co, not to mention more obscure characters like Ludwig VonDrake, Super Goof, Pete, and even Clarabelle Cow, but I shudder at the Dora the Explorer tone of the show. It does not need it, it didn't need it, why couldn't it have been original? Mickey and Co deserve better, and we're finally getting it with these shorts.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I like what I've seen (Flash actually seems to fit well in the sketchy, storyboard/illustration style of the backgrounds), but I have one question: Why isn't Bret Iwan voicing Mickey in these shorts?

Half of the time Chris Diamantopoulos sounds less Mickey and more like a guy doing a sub-par Mickey impression. Bret was doing a great job, why switch Mickeys now?