New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" :hungry:

Hello all, I've been into the Muppets since the late 60s! Mum used to plonk me down in front of our B&W TV and I'd say to everyone, "Be quiet", as Sesame Street was about to start! I've followed The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock and the movies throughout the years but being from New Zealand, the TV stations didn't show a lot of other Jim Henson productions. So I've missed out on a lot of programs but hopefully I can up catch up with most of them as they're now coming out on DVD.

I have a particular effection for Camilla and of course The Swedish Chef:
but all of the Henson characters me laugh. I hope to post often!
Hello :big_grin:! I'm always interested meeting people that have been around since the start of SS, that must have been something:excited:!

StreetScenes

Reaction score
At last, a place to call home ...

I've been browsing around for awhile -- I'm not up on terminology when it comes to forums like this, so please forgive -- and I've been delighted to find an entire community of like-minded folks.

I'm a new puppet builder with a billion-and-a-half questions (like, "What does the inside of a Muppet's head look like exactly?) and just by reading through some of the posts on here I can tell that there's someone out there to help me.

Just wanted to say Howdy, and that I'm looking forward to sharing my new obsession with puppet-making with all of you.
wow...what IS inside a muppet's head? jim built frank a bert for christmas once where you could look inside the eyes and see a picture of frank oz naked...i don't think that's the answer you're looking for, but you should totally start a thread with that question--just think of the crazy fun answers we could come up with (in addition, of course to insight on the real mechanisms in there). welcome to the forum!

Klarkkent

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm not exactly new to Muppet Central. I've come and gone over the years. I've spent my career up to this point mainly as a special effects artist/producer/writer in movieland with a stint in the middle where I focused solely on puppeteering. During that stint I collaborated with a close friend of mine, Brian Foster, a 12 year puppet show veteran, in DC and we built a show from scratch with the help of a talented puppeteer and builder James Wojtal Jr. During that time I traveled around with Brian and assisted with many live shows and even performed at the White House. After being asked to work on a project I couldn't turn down I went back to doing the movie thing again.

Many projects later, a bit wiser and maybe a even little jaded I've decided to put more of a focus on my love of puppets and puppetry again. I grew up with a distinct affinity for the art of puppetry and it has always been something I've enjoyed being a part of.

So with my previous experience in the movie biz and my love of all things puppets I hope to share and learn as much as I possibly can with you guys for as long as you'll have me.

Hi-ho!

Redsonga

Reaction score
wow...what IS inside a muppet's head? jim built frank a bert for christmas once where you could look inside the eyes and see a picture of frank oz naked...i don't think that's the answer you're looking for, but you should totally start a thread with that question--just think of the crazy fun answers we could come up with (in addition, of course to insight on the real mechanisms in there). welcome to the forum!
I always thought their heads looked like the inside of a handmade sock:embarrassed:

staciaD

Reaction score
New to Muppet Central

Hello.
Just a quick note to introduce myself. I found the forums through the MuppetCast. Really excited to have found this community dedicated to our beloved Muppets.
Haven't finished my profile but with work on getting that up.
I'm looking forward to getting news and meeting others here. Everyone be well and enjoy the new year! Fer sure!
:flirt:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello.
Just a quick note to introduce myself. I found the forums through the MuppetCast. Really excited to have found this community dedicated to our beloved Muppets.
Haven't finished my profile but with work on getting that up.
I'm looking forward to getting news and meeting others here. Everyone be well and enjoy the new year! Fer sure!
:flirt:
Hello staciaD! Welcome to the forum! I just wanted to point out that how cool it is that you found us through Steve Swanson's MuppetCast! Make yourself at home. :smile:

JandT

Reaction score
Hello From Josh of The Josh and Tamra Show

Hello all. My name is Josh . I am one half of the comedy duo called The Josh and Tamra Show.

A bit about me........

Been performing around the country with J and T for over 9 years. We do a long form improv puppet stage show, and create cool vids for our web site. Our show was born out of our training at the UCB comedy theater back in 1999. Recently we relocated our group from NYC to LA . Find out more by visiting our web site. wwwJoshAndTamra.com

We are currently working on a cool new internet news program called MONKEY NEWS SOURCE. Its a news show hosted by Gordon Goodall, a chimp puppet. You can view our stuff at www.thestream.tv

What else........

Used to work for the Muppets too, make all my own puppets ( mostly) and love to talk puppets with people.

Whats new with you?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Josh . I am one half of the comedy duo called The Josh and Tamra Show.

A bit about me........

Been performing around the country with J and T for over 9 years. We do a long form improv puppet stage show, and create cool vids for our web site. Our show was born out of our training at the UCB comedy theater back in 1999. Recently we relocated our group from NYC to LA . Find out more by visiting our web site. wwwJoshAndTamra.com

We are currently working on a cool new internet news program called MONKEY NEWS SOURCE. Its a news show hosted by Gordon Goodall, a chimp puppet. You can view our stuff at www.thestream.tv

What else........

Used to work for the Muppets too, make all my own puppets ( mostly) and love to talk puppets with people.

Whats new with you?
Hey, welcome and glad you joined us! We love puppet people around here! the more the puppet-i-er! :big_grin:

Darling Doll

Reaction score
I have been a Muppet fan for a long time. I think I first found them on the Muppet Show. I didn't watch Sesame Street until I had children. My only personal experience with them would be going to a Muppet exhibit at the Toronto Science Centre about 25 years ago. I still have the catalogue. My father has always been a big Miss Piggy fan. I love them all but Beaker is my particular favourite. :eek:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
ooo, lots of new peoples I havn't said hello too!

So, Welcome to the forum everyone! :big_grin: