New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hello Muppet Central! I found this wonderful site last night, and have been going nuts over it! I started watching the Sesame Street when I was a baby, and my grandma made me an Elmo plush, as well as Elmo pajamas for me (and matching ones for Elmo!). When I was in first grade I started watching the Muppet Show as well as Fraggle Rock (my great grandparents had all of them on DVD). I have always been interested in making my own Muppets, as close as they can be to in the show. I am 17 and don't have a lot of money, so I am limited on supplies and patterns. For my first build I am using my 1978 Animal Fisher Price, and adding wires as well as Ostrich Feathers to his head (that is what the original animal was made out of). Then I'd like to build a muppet from scratch. Does anyone have any ideas who to start with? I am thinking Elmo, because he was always my best friend and seems easy enough. Does anyone have any tips/free patters/dimensions for me? Anything would be lovely. So happy to have found this site and looking forward to some cool builds:smile:
Welcome to this forum! :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hello Muppet Central! I found this wonderful site last night, and have been going nuts over it! I started watching the Sesame Street when I was a baby, and my grandma made me an Elmo plush, as well as Elmo pajamas for me (and matching ones for Elmo!). When I was in first grade I started watching the Muppet Show as well as Fraggle Rock (my great grandparents had all of them on DVD). I have always been interested in making my own Muppets, as close as they can be to in the show. I am 17 and don't have a lot of money, so I am limited on supplies and patterns. For my first build I am using my 1978 Animal Fisher Price, and adding wires as well as Ostrich Feathers to his head (that is what the original animal was made out of). Then I'd like to build a muppet from scratch. Does anyone have any ideas who to start with? I am thinking Elmo, because he was always my best friend and seems easy enough. Does anyone have any tips/free patters/dimensions for me? Anything would be lovely. So happy to have found this site and looking forward to some cool builds:smile:
Hello, and welcome to the forum! We hope you enjoy your stay.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Welcome in Cooper! I know very little about puppetry; I recommend you check out the threads in that category. Lots of experienced makers of felt and foam here!

AutoJett

Reaction score
My name is Shannon, I've loved The Muppets ever since I was a little girl, one of the few films I watched as a kid was The Muppet Movie, and everytime I hear the guitar strum in the beginning, it never failed to give me nostalgic memories.
I've also been drawing ever since I was 10 years old, I and still draw to this very day, a lot of times, I'd doodle muppets, whether it's my own muppet characters, or muppet characters I like. Speaking of that, my favorite muppets are Lew Zealand, Dr.Teeth, Miss Piggy,

I joined a month ago, but it isn't till now I started using it because of school and personal life stuff, but I finally have a chance to use and I'm pretty happy about that. I'm glad that I joined Muppet Central with you guys, I'll sure enjoy my stay here!

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
My name is Shannon, I've loved The Muppets ever since I was a little girl, one of the few films I watched as a kid was The Muppet Movie, and everytime I hear the guitar strum in the beginning, it never failed to give me nostalgic memories.
I've also been drawing ever since I was 10 years old, I and still draw to this very day, a lot of times, I'd doodle muppets, whether it's my own muppet characters, or muppet characters I like. Speaking of that, my favorite muppets are Lew Zealand, Dr.Teeth, Miss Piggy,

I joined a month ago, but it isn't till now I started using it because of school and personal life stuff, but I finally have a chance to use and I'm pretty happy about that. I'm glad that I joined Muppet Central with you guys, I'll sure enjoy my stay here!
Welcome, Shannon! Please enjoy your stay here at Muppet Central!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

Welcome. You say that you draw, but do you do any other kinds of art?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

More new members, yaaay!! Welcome to the forum. Feel free to start a thread about any of your interests. We could definitely use a little more variety around here.