New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Sunny, and I've been following the Muppet Central forums for a long time. Ever since Muppets Most Wanted and the new TV Show came out. I've been a LONG TIME Muppet fan since I was young, and I have some opinions to say on this forum. Nice meeting you all!

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm Shannon and I live right outside LA in a little city called Long Beach. I am working to become an actress and singer, and just finished my first year of community college.

While I grew up watching Sesame Street, honestly I had a slight fear of some characters at a very young age- mainly Cookie Monster & Frazzle, and Sweetums too thanks to sitting way too up close at Muppet Vision 3D when I was like five or six.

But these eventually passed- as did my interest in the Muppets altogether, thanks to starting school.

Luckily, around fifth grade I rediscovered the Muppets thanks to Muppet Treasure Island catching my eye at the video store. We rented it and after watching and loving the movie, I found the behind the scenes featurette and became enamoured. Soon after that I found footage of Muppetfest's live Muppet Show and got even more excited.

I started doing research on Jim and some of the Muppet performers and was amazed. I couldn't believe all the accomplishment and hard work and determination this company endured all for this one man.

Nowadays I watch clips and episodes online of different Henson works, and have watched how the characters and show have changed and grown with the world. Mostly I keep my eyes on the puppeteers and their lives in and outside the Muppet universe and just wish sooo badly that I could have another chance to meet some of them, and maybe even work with them.

Last years D23 was an awesome experience. Going to the Muppets panel and seeing them work and play with the characters. It was just all so overwhelming- you can understand why I couldn't speak at first when I came up to the microphone.

Yes that "lady" as Gonzo called me- "my love" by Pepe though!- was me!

I am eager to see what next big projects are coming up from any corner of Muppet or Sesame or Creature Shop, and hope I can share the magic with other fans just like me.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm Shannon and I live right outside LA in a little city called Long Beach. I am working to become an actress and singer, and just finished my first year of community college.

While I grew up watching Sesame Street, honestly I had a slight fear of some characters at a very young age- mainly Cookie Monster & Frazzle, and Sweetums too thanks to sitting way too up close at Muppet Vision 3D when I was like five or six.

But these eventually passed- as did my interest in the Muppets altogether, thanks to starting school.

Luckily, around fifth grade I rediscovered the Muppets thanks to Muppet Treasure Island catching my eye at the video store. We rented it and after watching and loving the movie, I found the behind the scenes featurette and became enamoured. Soon after that I found footage of Muppetfest's live Muppet Show and got even more excited.

I started doing research on Jim and some of the Muppet performers and was amazed. I couldn't believe all the accomplishment and hard work and determination this company endured all for this one man.

Nowadays I watch clips and episodes online of different Henson works, and have watched how the characters and show have changed and grown with the world. Mostly I keep my eyes on the puppeteers and their lives in and outside the Muppet universe and just wish sooo badly that I could have another chance to meet some of them, and maybe even work with them.

Last years D23 was an awesome experience. Going to the Muppets panel and seeing them work and play with the characters. It was just all so overwhelming- you can understand why I couldn't speak at first when I came up to the microphone.

I am eager to see what next big projects are coming up from any corner of Muppet or Sesame or Creature Shop, and hope I can share the magic with other fans just like me.
Hey Shannon! Welcome to Muppet Central!

backpackmina

Reaction score

Hey Shannon, welcome to MC!

I feel like we have so many similarities already! I was scared of some characters too; Frazzle and Bert back when he had a mustache freaked me out the most.

My big interest nowadays is also on the puppeteers and their lives - these talented superhumans, each and every one of them! You're so lucky to have gone to D23, and I don't blame you for having that overwhelmed feeling when seeing them. I have never met them or gone to a Muppet event - not yet anyways!

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum,

Samina

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
Hey Shannon, welcome to MC!

I feel like we have so many similarities already! I was scared of some characters too; Frazzle and Bert back when he had a mustache freaked me out the most.

My big interest nowadays is also on the puppeteers and their lives - these talented superhumans, each and every one of them! You're so lucky to have gone to D23, and I don't blame you for having that overwhelmed feeling when seeing them. I have never met them or gone to a Muppet event - not yet anyways!

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum,

Samina
Thank you Sarima!

Fedrian

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am an Indonesian and I teach English here in my country.
I've always loved the Muppet Show and the Sesame Street since I was a kid.
I am just wondering if I can watch those great episodes again with my children.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am an Indonesian and I teach English here in my country.
I've always loved the Muppet Show and the Sesame Street since I was a kid.
I am just wondering if I can watch those great episodes again with my children.
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Mary Bird

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Mary, and I found this website when doing a Google search for "what the heck is flocking" (I'm so good at interneting). I'm really excited to join the forums! I have a tendency (obsession, if you ask my boyfriend) to collect books about the Muppets and Jim Henson, and I spend way too much time looking at old clips and interviews on Youtube. Within the past year I've begun to dive into making my own puppets and short films and ridiculous things like that, all inspired by Jim Henson and his creations. I really look forward to chatting with everyone here!!