New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Summer and I´m new here. I like The Walking Dead, Youtube, Muppets (duh), and Sailor Moon. I´m 14. I hope to make some friends here with similar interests!
Hi Summer!

Welcome to Muppet Central Forum!

I like all of those things as well.

Ninjabuttocks

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Ian and I have been a fan of the muppets and Jim Henson for as long as I can remember. The first Jim Henson show I watched was Sesame Street, but my favourite is Dinosaurs! I found this website this morning and I promptly signed up!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Ian and I have been a fan of the muppets and Jim Henson for as long as I can remember. The first Jim Henson show I watched was Sesame Street, but my favourite is Dinosaurs! I found this website this morning and I promptly signed up!
Hello Ian!

Welcome to Muppet Central!

rocketdave

Reaction score
I partly joined today just so I'd have a place to share my work in the fan art forum; I don't know if I have much to contribute aside from that, so wouldn't count on me being a regular poster here.

Sadly, the news from the last week that ABC had canceled The Muppets was more than likely another major factor that finally spurred me to create an account here.

Like most of you, I'm sure, the Muppets have had a major impact on my life and my creativity. Jim Henson is probably the closest thing I have to a hero. However, to be honest, while I've always had a spot in my heart for the Muppets, it's been difficult to consistently maintain an interest in them over the years. Even the nearly universally praised 2011 movie was not enough to fully reignite my passion for these characters.

When the new show premiered on ABC, it was the most enthusiastic I've been about any Muppet project since I was a kid. I'm not saying the show was perfect, but I was excited about what they were doing and felt like it could only have continued to get better. This recent cancellation has left me a little scared about what happens after this. Where will Kermit and pals end up now? Hosting a show for preschoolers on Disney Junior?

I'm reminded of the shock I felt when The Jim Henson Hour was canceled. It was quite a blow to me to discover that something involving the Muppets could actually fail.

Gosh, ain't I just a little ray of sunshine? I wish I were able to just focus on more positive things, like talking about the various series and movies I've enjoyed, but current events are just a little too fresh in my mind. It figures that something like this would happen just as I've allowed myself to start to care about the Muppets again.

Well, as was pointed out by a friend of mine (who was decidedly not a fan of the ABC series), the Muppets' legacy remains in tact- they've created many hours of entertainment that we can still watch and they will more than likely eventually bounce back from this latest setback.

Sorry for the weird, rambling, maudlin introduction. If I remember to continue to post here, hopefully I can find more upbeat things to say in the future.

BeinFroggy

Reaction score
Hello friends of muppet central i am BeinFroggy, i have been a muppet fan since i was a little one, and i've been lurking around for a few years, but now
as of today, i am offically a member & i'm happy to be here

gravy

Reaction score
Hi! I'm gavry3 and I just joined Muppet Central. I have been interested in muppets since I was about 7. I wanted to learn EVERYTHING. I still am, since everything keeps coming. I hope to have fun on this website, which I assured myself I will.