New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Bridget

Reaction score
Well well well, moi am new here. As you can see, my favorite Muppet character is Miss Piggy. I have been a Muppet fan since May of 2011. It is awesome to be on this forum!
Ooooh! It sounds as if we are going to get along quite well! Nice to meet you MuppetFan1996! Though my username is KissesToKermie, feel completely free to call me Bridget. I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

~Ciao!~

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Pieter and I'm from a small city in The Netherlands. I can't recall since when I'm a Muppetfan. It's too long ago. One of the first things I saw, was the saddest thing. It was the episode with the Muppets after the passing of Jim. The one with the Muppets "missing someone". I was a little child and that was the first time I saw the gang together. I didn't understand the meaning of that episode but I was blown away by the Muppets themselves. If I remembered correctly, The Muppet Show was on re-run on the Belgian television so there I watched it. The atmosphere was just absolutely fun! And because my sister collects frogs statues and toys, Kermit was all around me. But I was not a child with alot of Muppet toys. Just a fan of the series. Since my 20th birthday I rediscovered everything of Jim Henson. The man inspires me to do what I want. My biggest hero.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Pieter and I'm from a small city in The Netherlands. I can't recall since when I'm a Muppetfan. It's too long ago. One of the first things I saw, was the saddest thing. It was the episode with the Muppets after the passing of Jim. The one with the Muppets "missing someone". I was a little child and that was the first time I saw the gang together. I didn't understand the meaning of that episode but I was blown away by the Muppets themselves. If I remembered correctly, The Muppet Show was on re-run on the Belgian television so there I watched it. The atmosphere was just absolutely fun! And because my sister collects frogs statues and toys, Kermit was all around me. But I was not a child with alot of Muppet toys. Just a fan of the series. Since my 20th birthday I rediscovered everything of Jim Henson. The man inspires me to do what I want. My biggest hero.
Nice story, Pieter.
Welcome to Muppet Central Forum! I hope you have a lot of fun here.

RaggMopp1987

Reaction score
My name is Jessica. I hail from a suburb of the city of San Diego in California. I've been a Muppet fan since the tender age of three. One of my first few memories are of Kermit the Frog in the Muppet News Flash where he interviews the baby bird that talks about her parents living in different trees, along with Ernie singing the Rubber Duckie song, as well as Bert and Ernie fishing with Ernie calling out, "Hhheeeeeerrrrre fishie fishie fishie!" and Ernie and Hoots the Owl singing Put Down The Duckie. In fact, even at that age, when Steve Whitmire took over as Kermit, I could immediately tell that Kermit and Ernie didn't sound the same, even though I didn't know why. At night, I would watch Muppets Tonight, and two of my favorite characters from the show were, Pepe of course and Clifford. Though I liked Clifford more. (Sshh! No one tell Pepe!) I even remember seeing The Muppet Christmas Carol in theaters, my personal favorite rendition, as well as Muppet Treasure Island (I really got a kick out of Gonzo and Rizzo playing off each other as well as Tim Curry being ridiculously British as Long John Silver). I even loved Muppets From Space, and don't get me started on Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree (something I wish was still aired around Christmas)! And of course, I watched both the original Fraggle Rock and Fraggle Rock cartoon as a kid! I've been on a recent Muppet bender, re-watching episodes on YouTube, and cracking up while discovering a whole bunch of cool characters that I never knew existed! (A few of my favorites are the Jim, Jerry and Frank muppets singing Tomorrow and You Don't Want My Love, the Muppet Glee Club singing Temptation, the Hugga Wugga (Buggy Mugger) sketch, the Inchworm sketch with Lenny the Lizard and Gorgon Heap, Java and The Snerfs, and of course the Rag Mop number!)

So I suppose I would be remiss if I didn't mention my favorite puppeteers. Well, my number one would have to be Jerry Nelson. As a child, and going into adulthood, I always loved Count VonCount, Sherlock Hemlock, Harry Monster, Jackman Wolf, the Two-Headed Monster, The Amazing Mumford, Frazzle and Robin as well as any minor character he played. Carroll Spinney, as Oscar and Big Bird were probably the first two Muppets I knew about. Frank Oz and Marty Robinson (or I suppose Martin) would be tied as I loved Grover, Cookie Monster, Fozzie, Miss Piggy and Telly Monster and Snuffie all equally. Richard Hunt, I loved all the characters he puppeteered, especially Don Music. And as much as I hate to admit it, I can attest to the fact that, yes I did try to bang my head on things after seeing him (Don) do it. I couldn't help it! Between the ages of 3 and 5, I was kind of a dumb kid because I thought Don hitting his head against the piano keys was funny and I wanted to be funny too. :embarrassed:

I love Dave Goelz too, although my younger brother was more a fan since he adored Gonzo and Boober Fraggle. And then there's Steve Whitmire. What can I say, other than I have a major crush on him! :dreamy::flirt::embarrassed:

Of course, it goes without saying. I love Jim Henson. He's just such an inspiration. :jim:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
My name is Jessica. I hail from a suburb of the city of San Diego in California. I've been a Muppet fan since the tender age of three. One of my first few memories are of Kermit the Frog in the Muppet News Flash where he interviews the baby bird that talks about her parents living in different trees, along with Ernie singing the Rubber Duckie song, as well as Bert and Ernie fishing with Ernie calling out, "Hhheeeeeerrrrre fishie fishie fishie!" and Ernie and Hoots the Owl singing Put Down The Duckie. In fact, even at that age, when Steve Whitmire took over as Kermit, I could immediately tell that Kermit and Ernie didn't sound the same, even though I didn't know why. At night, I would watch Muppets Tonight, and two of my favorite characters from the show were, Pepe of course and Clifford. Though I liked Clifford more. (Sshh! No one tell Pepe!) I even remember seeing The Muppet Christmas Carol in theaters, my personal favorite rendition, as well as Muppet Treasure Island (I really got a kick out of Gonzo and Rizzo playing off each other as well as Tim Curry being ridiculously British as Long John Silver). I even loved Muppets From Space, and don't get me started on Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree (something I wish was still aired around Christmas)! And of course, I watched both the original Fraggle Rock and Fraggle Rock cartoon as a kid! I've been on a recent Muppet bender, re-watching episodes on YouTube, and cracking up while discovering a whole bunch of cool characters that I never knew existed! (A few of my favorites are the Jim, Jerry and Frank muppets singing Tomorrow and You Don't Want My Love, the Muppet Glee Club singing Temptation, the Hugga Wugga (Buggy Mugger) sketch, the Inchworm sketch with Lenny the Lizard and Gorgon Heap, Java and The Snerfs, and of course the Rag Mop number!)

So I suppose I would be remiss if I didn't mention my favorite puppeteers. Well, my number one would have to be Jerry Nelson. As a child, and going into adulthood, I always loved Count VonCount, Sherlock Hemlock, Harry Monster, Jackman Wolf, the Two-Headed Monster, The Amazing Mumford, Frazzle and Robin as well as any minor character he played. Carroll Spinney, as Oscar and Big Bird were probably the first two Muppets I knew about. Frank Oz and Marty Robinson (or I suppose Martin) would be tied as I loved Grover, Cookie Monster, Fozzie, Miss Piggy and Telly Monster and Snuffie all equally. Richard Hunt, I loved all the characters he puppeteered, especially Don Music. And as much as I hate to admit it, I can attest to the fact that, yes I did try to bang my head on things after seeing him (Don) do it. I couldn't help it! Between the ages of 3 and 5, I was kind of a dumb kid because I thought Don hitting his head against the piano keys was funny and I wanted to be funny too. :embarrassed:

I love Dave Goelz too, although my younger brother was more a fan since he adored Gonzo and Boober Fraggle. And then there's Steve Whitmire. What can I say, other than I have a major crush on him! :dreamy::flirt::embarrassed:

Of course, it goes without saying. I love Jim Henson. He's just such an inspiration. :jim:
Nice to meet you, Jessica. Nice description of yourself.
Welcome to Muppet Central Forum! :smile:

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
Hello Every one.:smile:
I'v been coming to this site for years and thought it was about time I joined in the fun by becoming a member. I'v been a muppets fan and collector since before I could walk. I grew up mostly with Muppet Babies ,the classic Muppet films and new 90s Disney Muppets films. My favorite Muppet movie would have to be A Muppet Christmas Carol. It's just so perfect. It has so much heart and the music is timeless. As you can probably already tell by now my favorite Muppet is Miss Piggy but I also have a soft spot in my heart for all of them really.
Jim was such a big part of my childhood and continues to be a big part of my life to this day. Hope to get to know you all better real soon!:fanatic:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hello Every one.:smile:
I'v been coming to this site for years and thought it was about time I joined in the fun by becoming a member. I'v been a muppets fan and collector since before I could walk. I grew up mostly with Muppet Babies ,the classic Muppet films and new 90s Disney Muppets films. My favorite Muppet movie would have to be A Muppet Christmas Carol. It's just so perfect. It has so much heart and the music is timeless. As you can probably already tell by now my favorite Muppet is Miss Piggy but I also have a soft spot in my heart for all of them really.
Jim was such a big part of my childhood and continues to be a big part of my life to this day. Hope to get to know you all better real soon!:fanatic:
Nice to hear about that. Welcome to Muppet Central Forum!
I hope you like the forum as much as us.