New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
<<man...we've got a lot of Austrailians around...weird...>>

Oh yeah, you didn't get the memo grail? They're setting up to take over the board don'tchaknow? :smile:

-Matt

Reaction score
yes yes further assistance !

yes please further assistance on the lil picture thingy ! coz im a bit slow when it comes to these kinda things ,heheh not really i just have no clue about computers or the internet what so ever *takes a breath* so yehhhhhh
cheers yeh and aussies rule ! :rolleyes:

bluedreamer

Reaction score
It was our scheme all along and now IT'S BLOWN! Who leaked???? Own up??

Oh and My Hero Kermy - if you need more help on the avatar let me know - it took me a while to figure it out too. Send me an email if you like - click on my "profile" and my email address will be there...

OR do the EASY thing and click on the "email" button and it will do it! TALK ABOUT BEING DUH!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh...yeah my_hero, as much as I hate to help the enemy, if you would like me to make and Avatar for you, just email me with a link to the picture you'd like. I've done them for a good amount pf people who are all very happy with them. :smile:

-Matt

bluedreamer

Reaction score
Oh seeeeee you're really a softy underneath aren't ya Matt? awwww

ps watch out my_hero it might be rigged! :big_grin:

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a few days new to this site!
Hmmm... my favourite muppet is Rowlf (looking for suitable sized pics for an avatar of him - know of any?)

I had the muppet peg puppets when I was a kid, so naturally I gravitated to the new action figures, when I saw them in the store. Unfortunately I waited a little too long and I am shy a couple of figs to complete series 1 ( the lab, Honeydew ).

So at this time I am renting the movies and relearning everything that I forgot. Just watched Treasure Island, and loved it. When I was a kid, my folks took me to the Drive-In to see the Muppet movies. So I have actually never seen any of them in a true theatre. Although I do have fond childhood memories of seeing the movies at the drive-in. Umm... I am in my mid 20's, so I guess that makes me a child of the 80's and grew up with the Muppet show. It's cool and scary how all of the toys from the 80's are being remade and are in stores!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hehe, yeah Blue...I'm like *insert misc. candy name here*. Hard on the outside, but inside, I'm all honey. :smile:

Oh bc, I can make you an Av sized picture if you'd like. Just send me an email with a link to the picture and a lovely note of praise and its yours. (hehe :smile:)

-Matt

tygerbug

Reaction score
Little late on this, but would this thread be complete without another reply to beaker?

>Hehe, well I was rising high on the Blair Witch assumption...so for awhile there was hope camcorder movies would make it big.

The Animal Game was sort of a spoof of that. I deliberately avoided watching Blair Witch before making it .... sort of wanting to make the shaky camcorder movie to end all shaky camcorder movies. A billion people shot bad films during that period, and it's a nice time capsule in that way ...

>Btw, you mention your films are 2+ hours, yet arent most indie comedies 90 minutes? hmmmm.

If I make a straight comedy, it usually comes in around 90 minutes ... Excaliburger at exactly that. Haven't done a straight feature comedy in a while though. Any longer pieces I do are usually hard to classify in terms of genre. I do whatever length is necessary to tell the story properly, and have spent four weeks shooting something which is released as five minutes long ... or one night shooting something which is released as 2.5 hours ... I call Gods of Los Angeles a romance. Others would have different words for it.

>Haven't seen. Actually you reference a lot of stuff I haven't seen<
well since the late 80's I have aggressively sought out virtually every type of cult, indie, experimental, foriegn, etc film.

I do this as well. But it seems you went in a different direction. I consider myself the king of the obscure reference. But still ...

>Aw, ok. For some reason I cant get any media stuff to work on here, but i'll take your word for it.

Bah. Watch the **** things online. Make it work. That goes to anyone, if you're interested at all. I provide a nice list of links earlier in the thread.

>Huge differences...really shows how much is altered in the editing process. A lot of small personal things I liked were altered, cut, or rearranged.

Give me a full further report on this. You've peaked my interest and I enjoy doing edit checks on films.

> Im surprised a lot of peopel dont like Toys, as after having seen 1500+ films so far(no joke, I keep a list!) that to me is the most astonishing from both a creative, directional, and cinematic perspective. The film captures everything I believe in and strive for.

Watched it when I was a kid and to me it was a train wreck. I might see it again after what you say, but .... hmm.

>click on 'Yahoo P...', contained there is a picture of me with Sweetums, some random art for my comic, and custom figures Ive done of Robin Williams(OHP), Al Roker, and other Muppet custom sunder my 'Muppet stuff' folder. Sadly, I dont have an online profile of all the stuff Ive done like writing, other art, etc.

Your bodies and concepts work together well ... your faces on the other hand look rather like shriveled rotten potatoes! Kind of kills the feel of it when they look like the Skeksis took their essence. Pepe probably works the best overall, as he doesn't suffer from that problem.

(Sculpting small is difficult ... Most action figure sculpts today are done large and then shrunk down via computer and mechanical means ... my father still has a couple of Muppet Babies sculpts done for a board game, these pretty good sized sculpts of gonzo and kermit, which were made very tiny in the actual game) ...

>My fave new young experimental filmaker has go to be Harmony Korine(Kids, Gummo, Julien-donkey Boy) brillaint stuff.

Haven't seen. My ex-girlfriend hated him ...

>>>I'm talking NO budget. There are a lot of people out there making movies with their camcorders. I've met several hundred of them, and a lot of them have talent. We will take over Hollywood someday.<<<
> Like a few takes, natural lighting...'Dogme 95' type stuff?

Uh, no. Dogma films are a bunch of people who think they're artists masturbating by shooting their films bad on purpose.

I'm talking about real amateur film ... honest films made by honest people. Who started out with nothing but a camcorder, a couple of friends to be actors, and a dream, and have pursued the craft of filmmaking as far as they can. People like Jason Santo (www.mindscapepictures.com), Jay Bauman (www.blancscreencinema.com), Mike Stoklasa (angelfire.com/movies/gmppictures) ... and me.

>>Well...for a lot of the visuals and set peices I have in mind...its like the brillaint Wochalskis, the guys behind the visionary Matrix trilogy. They need countless millions for their vision, so they started smaller to convince the studio at first.

But you'd be amazed how much you can accomplish for no money. And unless you've made a few hundred of those "small films", you'll never be able to convince anyone you're good enough to do a big one. Best to start now ...

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
HELLO MUPPET PEOPLE!!! I am your new God now. MUWAHAHAHAHA...(cough, hack, cough)...hahaha.

... I'm just kidding, really I am. I'M HYPER ON SUGAR SMACKS!

So now I bet you're asking yourself, who is this whacked up person? Well, I'm very offended that you don't remember me! If that's what you're asking yourself, you can go suck an egg!

Again, I'M KIDDING! Love people, loooooooooooove.

But yeah! I'm DEBO THE FANTASTIC! I use to post on that old Delphi forum like... 2 years ago, or something. Actually, I didn't post that much, but I was in the chat a lot. And then I dissappeared and then I came back! Just like Jesus!

And now I bet you're asking yourself, did she just compare herself to our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ!? Well, OF COURSE I DID! I'm Jewish! MUWAHAHAHA!

Once again, I am SO kidding! (Please don't be offended, I didn't mean it that way! ><)

Annnnnnnnnd, oh yeah! I have an unnatural and sick and sad obsession with Boober Fraggle! I would marry him... if only he would take me. (LAUNDRY, LAUNDRY, LAUNDRY!!!)

Oh yeah, and I dunno if anyone will remember this but...

Prolly... it destroys me.

That's all!

^_^ Debo

... this was a very schizo post! Forgiveness, please!

beaker

Reaction score
tygerbug:

>>> the shaky camcorder movie to end all shaky camcorder movies. A billion people shot bad films during that period, and it's a nice time capsule in that way ...<<<

Hehe, just like the mid to early late 90's "Tarantino" ripoff phenomenon!

>>> I do whatever length is necessary to tell the story properly, and have spent four weeks shooting something which is released as five minutes long ... or one night shooting something which is released as 2.5 hours<<<

Interesting...and there is no distributor for any of these films of yours? Have they played the festival circuits?Not the big boy slike Sundance, but what about Slam Dance, LA filmfest, etc?

I do this as well. But it seems you went in a different direction. I consider myself the king of the obscure reference. But still ...<<<

oh boy, I am the king of obscure (pop) references! hehe
I had this idea one time for a satire film called "American Indie"(remember how every film that was coming out had the word "American" in it?) It was a parody idea to include references and nods to everything from Memento and Waking Life to
Private Idaho and Pi.

Bah. Watch the **** things online. Make it work. That goes to anyone, if you're interested at all. I provide a nice list of links earlier in the thread.<<<

Youd be surprised to know all I have is an hour a day access to this gosh awful archaic computer at the library. Though with my new job hopefully I can afford a nice one soon.

Give me a full further report on this. You've peaked my interest and I enjoy doing edit checks on films.<<<

Well, I point out all my aggreivences with the final cut on forum.foxsearchlight.com I dont think the studio was too happy wiht my report on the film, but it is the only clear cut case of a director destroying a masterpiece that I have seen.

>>>Your bodies and concepts work together well ... your faces on the other hand look rather like shriveled rotten potatoes! Kind of kills the feel of it when they look like the Skeksis took their essence. Pepe probably works the best overall, as he doesn't suffer from that problem.<<<

Hehe, if youre talking about the humans, yes. I cant sculpt human faces worth schtick. Liked the Skeksis reference...while some may be unhappy with honest criticism, Im laughing with you...right now my prunce faces Skesksis shriveled Al Roker is straped to Beaker's experiment table, hehe. Anyhoo, I hate working with super sculpey...if I was to do lightwave, it would be unbaked with wire frames underneath for movability.

(Sculpting small is difficult ... Most action figure sculpts today are done large and then shrunk down via computer and mechanical means<<<

Very true! I was thinking of making Seinfeld figures at one time, but alas not sure I could get those to look right.

Haven't seen. My ex-girlfriend hated him ...<<<

oh dont let an ex effect this, youve gotta see harmony korine's work. He is in my opinion th emost challenging, experimental young filmaker out there. Kids, Gummo, Julien Donkey Boy...extrordinary films. But visual wise, as ya can tell im a big sucker for mtv director visual films, be it belly, fight club, se7en, being john malkovich, or the cell.

>>>Uh, no. Dogma films are a bunch of people who think they're artists masturbating by shooting their films bad on purpose.<<<

Silly Norweigian filmakers. Well, now ya know Im a big film buff to even know what "Dogme' 95' is, hehe(to those who dont know, its a filmaker creed to purposely make a film look like poo)

I'm talking about real amateur film ... honest films made by honest people. Who started out with nothing but a camcorder, a couple of friends to be actors, and a dream, and have pursued the craft of filmmaking as far as they can. <<<

Aw, but the thing is with hardly any money and noone I cna think of interested in amateur filmaking...therein lies the problem. for now im sticking with comic books and music making.

But you'd be amazed how much you can accomplish for no money. And unless you've made a few hundred of those "small films", you'll never be able to convince anyone you're good enough to do a big one. Best to start now ...
<<<

maybe one of these days!