New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
greetings

well hidy hidy hidy hi! tonight seems like a great night for introductions, so here i am, putting myself out there and loving it!

my name is leah, i live in the merry old land of Oz (...i have a pet kangaroo called shazza...an emu farm...love to throw a shrimp on the barbie mate...) yep, im living in a sunburnt country and its divine!

ive only realised recently that there are so many people out there just like me! who knew, i thought my love and adoration for Jim Henson and his creatures would have to be bottled up inside me...im sooo happy your all out there!!
:excited:

im sitting here listening to muppet radio...oooh, just got that rush of nostalgia, 'rainbow connection' is playing. am i alone being the only one who gets tears in her eyes whenever i hear this song? whenever i hear 'i dont want to live on the moon' or 'lower case n'?
:cry:

alright, well enough from me, i think ill pop off to watch labyrinth, im not sure what i love more about that flick, jims creatures or david bowies tights!! HONK HONK!!!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I've seen alot of new members on the board lately so I just wanna say welcome to you all.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Welcome Leah!

Not to worry, I felt the same way for a while. But, here we are! Anywho, just a word of advice, while visiting this zoo, bring plenty of goodies for the animals. They're usually pretty friendly, but every once in a while....... :wink:

Joking! Welcome to the forum, you'll love it here, I know I do.

Deb :flirt:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
im sitting here listening to muppet radio...oooh, just got that rush of nostalgia, 'rainbow connection' is playing. am i alone being the only one who gets tears in her eyes whenever i hear this song? whenever i hear 'i dont want to live on the moon'
Oooooh, I <i>love</i> that song. As you can probably guess from my name. :wink: I was just listening to it the other day and I started to tear up. It's so simple, but so beautiful. Welcome aboard, Leah!
Erin

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Oops...Almost forgot! :embarrassed: I been posting on here for a few days, guess I got excited finding this swell Muppet place that I forgot to mention that I'm a new member here.
Ya see, I was going through the search engines like mad, searching for anything on Guy Smiley, and stumbled on Muppet Central somehow.
I didn't have to much luck with finding much about Guy Smiley, but this forum is pretty cool and I love the radio!

I've been watching Sesame Street since 1978, it felt like home to me.
Big Bird and Cookie Monster were my faves. I couldn't go to sleep at night with my little Fisher-price cassette player, always to listen to "Bird Big DIscovers the Orchestra" and "The People in Your Neighborhood"...I sure loved the 'King's Birthday Party" story. --
I also loved Grover and Kermit too. I recall Kermit being on Sesame Street...

Then I started watching The Muppet Show and recognized Kemit and the voices of the other characters, it was quite hypnotic.
I loved the Band, the songs, the humor, and the Movies were fantastic!
They really gave a boost to the imagination as well, once I realized that they were puppets. I wanted to create my own puppet shows.
I had a Ms. Piggy puppet, it was great! Her face was molded from a rubberlike material, cloth arms, i think a purple dress too, it was so lifelike! I also had Ms. Piggy and Kermit bed sheets too!
The movies were incredible! I fell in love with Labyrinth! Wow, I've like seen it over hundred times...Then Dark Crystal, another masterpiece.

'Follow that Bird' was another fave of mine.
I watched Sesame Street, Square One, and those shows all thru High school too. I was so happy when Nickelodeon brought back The Muppet show, but only played the same five shows over and over.
The most devasting news was hearing that we lost Henson. I was in shock, he was so young and he could have done amazing things today with all the technology.
I'm glad that the Henson crew kept everything going. I really like 'The Muppet Christmas Carol' and 'Muppet Treasure Island' too!
Then there was 'Muppets Tonight'...well, um...and 'Muppets in Space'...Okay those were not on my fave list, kinda odd they were.

Anyhoo, I know I'm babbling on here. I just wanted to say 'ello' and express my love for the Muppets, what a great bunch of characters they are! I look forward to reading more posts and getting into some discussions. Also, I can't get enough of the Radio! *sniff* some of them songs I hadn't heard in years...wow. Thanks all!
Have a spiffy day!!
--Linda-- :flirt:

Phillip Chapman said:
Are you new to Muppet Central? Then this is the discussion for you.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your Muppet experiences and interests. Did you get into the Muppets at an early age or just recently? What are some of your favorite Muppet memories, characters, movies, or shows?

Whatever your perspective on Henson's creations you are welcome here and we're looking forward to getting to know you!

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
ooh, i know ive been frequenting this board a bit over the last few days..and i know you shall all be sick of me quite soon...but what can i say, i may be slightly obsessed.... :stick_out_tongue: but i just wanted to express my sheer joy at seeing another newbie, namely guysmiley4eva, who isnt ashamed to admit that they shed a few tears when listening to a few of the old tunes! love you linda!
:excited:

p.s that quote is pure gold! i love it! :zany:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Welcome to the madhouse, Leah & Linda!!!!
It's OK a/b being obsessed, we ALL are here!!!!
Nice to meet some fellow Labyrinth fanatics, too....That movie is SOO often underappreciated!!!!!
Ah, yes, I know what yall mean a/b tearing up when listening to some of the songs.....Can you BE a Muppet fan and NOT tear up listening to Rainbow Connection???)
Well, one more welcome to Leah & Linda, and....HAVE FUN HERE!!!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Welcome Linda and Leah! :big_grin: Yes, I too tear up at Rainbow Connection! I was just at Disney World and everytime they played it over the loud speaker by MuppetVision, I had to blink away some tears:smile: Anyway, enjoy the boards! :excited:

Chihiro

Reaction score
Me got distracted and didn't notice this thread. I most of did something stupid not to notice it. Sorry about that. Well hi! I am Nicole hope to see you all around and stuff like that. I am a huge Labyrinth fan... I hope to make new friends.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Hi! hope everone has a great time here!!!

Sarah-A.K.A. the rabid one