New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

urbandryad

Reaction score
Hello, :3 I'm new, and I'm not sure if I can post, cause I haven't been able to before. But I will try. ^^ Hi!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Success! Congratulations on your first post and welcome to the Muppet Forum. :smile:

urbandryad

Reaction score
Well, um, a better introduction is in order then. :3 My name is Lee, I also go by Urban, Dryad and Dee, I'm a puppet enthusiast from Windsor Ontario, and currently an un-employed un-published writer. I've had puppets in my life as far back as I can remember. My first was a Fisher Price Kermit Puppet that was actually my sisters, and it was passed on to me. On this page http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppets/dolls_1970.shtml in the red box. I've now passed Kermit down to my neice. :3 I've had puppets, and muppets, in my life ever since then. I remember watching Fraggle Rock when it was only a few years new on TV, the Muppets and Muppet Babies. I'm an 80's child, and grew up with all these wonderful shows. Labyrinth and Dark Crystal were around my sisters generation, but I watched them when I was probably too YOUNG to understand any of the plot. I've had cabbage patch puppets, muppet baby McDonalds figures, movies, I've watched most of the Muppet Movies, the most recent two I still need to see, but I probably will be seeing soon. I've been a Sesame Street lover since I was small too, I remember watching Bert struggle with having to deal with his precocious best friend Ernie, I remember watching Big Bird run away from home rather than being forced to live with the Dodo's, and now I get to watch my neice grow up under the gentle care of the Bear in the Big Blue House.

I made puppets all while I was in high school, and sold nearly all of them to pay for college books. And now I want to start making puppets again. Its been awhile. Maybe my sewing skills aren't that great anymore. But I should try. I've recently fallen in love with hand puppets, rod puppets, and japanese bakaruya (sp?) puppets, especially the PiLi productions company. I'm looking forward to eventually getting all the new muppet DVD's, especially Muppet Babies. I always LOVED little Beaker, and Big Beaker, and Gonzo in every incarnation.

Ah, Muppet Wild! XD

Lee

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here; please make yourself at home and please stick around for a while and enjoy the place!

Ozzel

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been lurking around here for a while (and even joined a few months ago but hadn't started posting yet). I've been a Muppet fan as long as I can remember. I can recall watching Sesame Street at around the age of 3 or 4. I later watched the Muppet Show reruns on Nickelodeon in the early/mid-'90s. I always loved my Muppet stuffed animals as a kid, especially my Eden Kermit puppet (which I still play with today :wink: ) and a vintage Rowlf puppet that I once found at a thrift store. And now, with the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock coming out on DVD, it is a great time to be a Muppet fan!

In just that last few weeks, I've realized what an impact The Muppet Show had on me growing up. My friends have always joked with me about my rather corny sense of humor revolving mostly around puns and plays-on-words. In watching the Muppet Show again lately (which, for the most part, I haven't seen in years), I've realized that this is where that sense of humor came from! :crazy:

Anywho, I look forward to posting here. And to using these awesome Muppet smilies! :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welcome to Korea...oops, I mean, Muppet Central! This is a very friendly forum, you'll love it here!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey welcome there, Ozzel. Great to have another "pun and play on words" poster here. I love those kind of jokes too. Use them all the time including a bunch at work today. :big_grin: And yes, that aspect further adds to the appeal of "The Muppet Show", and also "Green Acres", my favorite sitcom.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Welcome! You'll love it here, I'm sure. And again, great avatar!