New McDonalds Muppet toys in Australia!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Originally posted by No1MuppetFan
today I bought the Muppet Theatre from a mcDonalds store, and as a bonus they gave me a whole roll of the advertising banner. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/no1muppetfan/vwp?.dir=/Muppet+Stuff&.src=ph&.dnm=Muppet+Show+Happy+Meal+Display.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/no1muppetfan/lst%3f%26.dir=/Muppet%2bStuff%26.src=ph%26.view=t :big_grin:
Hey! - That's a great theater display.

The UK had something similar, we had the trademark (TM) archers

See ya

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Originally posted by No1MuppetFan
Hi, today I bought the Muppet Theatre from a mcDonalds store, and as a bonus they gave me a whole roll of the advertising banner. :big_grin:
Here's a pic of the Display I got : http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/no1muppe...etfan/lst?&.dir=/Muppet+Stuff&.src=ph&.view=t
You are soo lucky, I really want that, im going to try and get one too, How did you get it? do you know someone there?

How much did you pay? Why did they let you have it when the happy meals arent over yet?

Well, I hope I am as lucky as you!

:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Originally posted by drspy00
You can choose the ones that you want but they only ahve 2 per week, rowlf and piggy were first and this week theres beaker and gonzo, Dont worry if you miss out on a rowlf because Im going to try and get as many of the toys and promotional material as possible and then trade them to people who want them.

ive missed out on piggy but are going to try and get her this weekend. They came out too quick without warning of the release schedule.

:eek: :smile:
Hey thanks it sounds like a great idea if I go there I'm willing to trade if I get doubles or some thing.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I got some fozzie and swedish chef toys on Thursday night they are quite nice, especially the swedish chef, I admit, most of these mcdonalds toys are quite ugly but some are quite good. They are good for a muppet collection!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Hey, I've been too busy and worn out toinvestigate the matter properly... I've heard that some people have been able to get hold of the theatre displays, I have no idea how to achieve this, so if anyone can rustle one up for me, I'll reward you well.

Incidentally, looks like I'll miss out on a few of the toys, so, yeah, if you've got extras I'll definitely want to talk to you :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
CherryPizza said:
Hey, I've been too busy and worn out toinvestigate the matter properly... I've heard that some people have been able to get hold of the theatre displays, I have no idea how to achieve this, so if anyone can rustle one up for me, I'll reward you well.

Incidentally, looks like I'll miss out on a few of the toys, so, yeah, if you've got extras I'll definitely want to talk to you :smile:
Im trying to get a theatre display, A reason I cant persist too much is because employees of mcdonalds may have promised this to their kids and I dont think they would let me have it, I would buy it if I could maybe they just throw all that stuff out, Im going to try now because its the last week coming up so they will be getting rid of all the stuff. I'd love to see if I could get any left overs too, I sadly missed out on a miss piggy but are getting one.

Dont worry too much the toys will be in every 2nd hand and charity shop in the country in days, maybe even now. kids lose interest in things like these before they even get them!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Mcdonalds Muppet Promo Poster

I was lucky enough to get one of the really nice Mcdonalds muppet toys promo posters . or should I say my mum was, she picked it up for me today.

I am going to try and get as much promo stuff as possible as at many mcdonalds stores they have finished with the muppets promotion.

:sympathy: :smile:

satay chicken

Reaction score
Oh, wow, I didn't know that there was a thread for this! I would have been here weeks ago rambling away! :embarrassed:

I got my last one today! Good old Animal.

I've linked all of their arms together and stood them in a line on top of my television :smile:

You guys should do a search on E-bay if you're missing characters. I saw some up for grabs a couple of days ago.

Just as a side note, was anyone disappointed with the craftsmanship of these toys? Don't get me wrong, my head almost exploded with excitement when I learnt that we were getting them, but they seemed a bit lacking in quality :frown:

My Miss Piggy's legs won't close and her hair is shocking. She looks like she's walked off the set of Rocky Horror. As for Rowlf, he looks like HR Puff 'n Stuff's lovechild, Gonzo looks like he is dressed in some 1950's swimming costume, Sam's head looks like it's been inflated, and Fozzie is missing his hat. I think the only one I don't have a complaint about is the Swedish Chef. He looks great! :smile:

I saw pics of the ones that were released in the UK McDonalds on E-Bay and they're much more stylish and true to character. Sometimes it sucks to be an Aussie :mad:

~~ Sarah

muppet_dk

Reaction score
satay chicken said:
I saw pics of the ones that were released in the UK McDonalds on E-Bay and they're much more stylish and true to character. Sometimes it sucks to be an Aussie :mad:

~~ Sarah
I can tell you that the ones you got are the same as the rest of Europe got. Excpet you been so lucky to also get Rowlf and Beaker, we did not get those :frown: :grouchy: