New Grover Quilt

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I've added a picture of my latest Muppet quilt, Monster in the Mirror, to my web site. With this one I designed and quilted a full background. Let me know what you think....

(click on the link in my signature to see the quilt)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Wow!

That looks soooooo wonderfully great!

**tries not to get muffin crumbs on an awesome quilt**

Mayhem Diva

Reaction score
Wow... just wow.

You are extremely gifted. What a treat for your daughter, too! :smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Thanks!

Emmy-- quilts are washable, muffin crumbs are not a problem. :stick_out_tongue:

This quilt wasn't for my daughter. It was a surprise for a friend.

bluedreamer

Reaction score
They're fantastic! Can you be my mum too?
I have trouble sewing my buttons back on!!:wink:
How long do they take you to do?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Tonichelle--

Yes, I design the patterns myself, most of the time. I started with the patterns in Quilting with the Muppets and I still use those designs sometimes, but I prefer working with my own-- it's just more fun and I can get exactly the look I want that way (well, usually).

bluedreamer--

I sincerely hope I am not old enough to be your mum! :stick_out_tongue: The time involved depends on the complexity of the pattern and how long the desgin phase takes. With Monster in the Mirror, my first sketch turned out well and I was able to use it as the pattern with a minimal amount of erasing-- frequently it takes several drafts (Floyd took me months to design). I think the actual quilt took about 10 hours, but I don't really keep track.

Glad you like them!

bluedreamer

Reaction score
LOL What you mean .... 21? Nope, I'm sure you're not old enough to be my mum (meanwhile somewhere at home my mother suddenly wonders why she is angry with me!!).

Oh I seeee, I wouldn't have a clue how long one would take to make, I guess that's why I admire you, as it's not something I would have patience for! But when you enjoy doing it the time doesn't matter! It's like eating for me really.... I have no idea about how much time is passing when I eat!

:big_grin:

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Hey, would you sell these at all? I think you're brilliant with your talents and since muppet plushes are hard to find, I'd love to purchase one of your creations for my nephew if you'd be willing.

If you don't, that's cool too, just know that I find your creations incredibly awesome and worthy!! "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!" Sorry, had a Wayne's World moment.

Thanks,
Michele

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Annika,

WOW!

I haven't really ever taken much time to really appreciate your work, but WOW!

You SHOULD be selling these things, e-bay or something!!

YOU, my friend, are a wonderful MuppetQuilter...

Now, quote me on something Fozzie...

FOZ