New Eminem Puppet Video

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
:confused: Anybody seen Eminem's new video? It's got tons of puppets in it, including TRIUMPH the Insult Comic Dog. Regardless of if you love him or hate him (Eminem), I think it's neat that puppetry is showing it's face even in the music industry. It looks like the puppets are the ones used on CRANK YANKERS, or at least built by the same artists as CY. I can't seem to make a direct link to the vid. But here's the main page. The vid can be found on the right hand side of this page. I think it's number 10 at the moment....

http://music.channel.aol.com/

PS: If you're offended easily, I'd advise you not to watch it.​

HeartlessGiant

Reaction score
Haha. Those are Crank Yankers alright. There were a few pretty well known CY characters featured there too.

I wonder if they were all from CY or if any of them are new or what. Gotta say, Rick Lyons must be rollin' in the dough.

Oh, and yes, if you're easily offended, don't even watch. lol.

Blink

Reaction score
The Eminem puppet is built by Puppet Heap in New York. Great company. I love their work. Right here .

It is amazing what people can get away with when a puppet is on your hand.

I am glad that someone major in the rap world has used puppets to this extent in a music video. For years I have been trying to convince a hip hop music producer friend of mine to use puppets for one of his artists' video.

Maybe now he will believe me that it can work.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
HeartlessGiant said:
I wonder if they were all from CY or if any of them are new or what. Gotta say, Rick Lyons must be rollin' in the dough.
just to clarify this,

most of the puppets in the video are new(at least all the female puppets, they had issues getting the old ones from the Crank Yankers production company, i also assume they were in pretty bad shape considering the hard use they ofetn got on set,)

any way the new ones were not built at THE LYON Puppets ,

they were done by a company called PUPPETHEAP, and sent to La La Land for the video shoot,

ona a personal note, the puppets look great, but the video its self is disjointed to say the least , clearly the director had no idea what to do with the puppets,and it shows.

HeartlessGiant

Reaction score
Gotcha.

I just figured since they had all the crank yankers (and since the non-crank yankers were made in the same style) that they were all Lyons'. My mistake.

Thanks though!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that link Pauly; someone told me about this last week but I couldn't find a version of the video that would play through a Canadian IP address. Cool stuff!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
HeartlessGiant said:
Gotcha.

I just figured since they had all the crank yankers (and since the non-crank yankers were made in the same style) that they were all Lyons'. My mistake.

Thanks though!
one more thing , the majority of the crank yanker puppets were Built by DEN DESIGN for the first and second season, Rick did build some puppets , but not the main puppet Characters, after the second season the puppets were built by freelancers in LA, and New York,

By this point Avenue Q was in full swing,