New Dutch Muppet/Fraggle DVD's OUT NOW!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I just got my copy today. The set has nine episodes (five on disc 4 and four on disc 5). Again many of these were released on DVD and VHS before by HMV, with the exception of the Charles Aznavour & Gladys Knight shows. Season 1 episodes do not have their original openings but at least the shows are uncut :smile: . The box set is pretty much the same as the first volume, the episodes are in English language with a Dutch subtitle option, the menus are the same old fashioned theatre posters of the Muppets (even Rowlf gets his own poster :smile: ), and Kermit sitting at his desk backstage, looking at the menu with a weird look on his face from the Sylvester Stallone episode.

Overall it's a great little boxset :stick_out_tongue:

MockMockChef

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Season 1 episodes do not have their original openings but at least the shows are uncut :smile: .
Have there actually been VHS's and/or DVD's with the original season one openings:confused:

Pino

Reaction score
I wonder if there are difference betrween the tweo disks from uk and the dutch 3 disk version... arent there all the shows on it that also where put on the two 2disk specials from the uk?
Anyone knows this?

anathema

Reaction score
KETNETMUPPETNOW said:
Have there actually been VHS's and/or DVD's with the original season one openings:confused:
Yes. There was a 5-disc boxset released in France a couple of years ago which featured nine Season 1 shows, all of which retained their original openings.

anathema

Reaction score
Pino said:
I wonder if there are difference betrween the tweo disks from uk and the dutch 3 disk version... arent there all the shows on it that also where put on the two 2disk specials from the uk?
Nope!

There are three "Best of" UK releases (all single disc), plus a 28-episode 4-disc boxset.

The Dutch sets include a number of shows which are not available in the UK:

Charles Aznavour
Candice Bergen
Gladys Knight
Paul Simon (available on VHS, though)

MockMockChef

Reaction score
anathema said:
Yes. There was a 5-disc boxset released in France a couple of years ago which featured nine Season 1 shows, all of which retained their original openings.
I saw that boxset on Ebay, but i still have the question, do you have the option to set the language to english?

anathema

Reaction score
KETNETMUPPETNOW said:
I saw that boxset on Ebay, but i still have the question, do you have the option to set the language to english?
No, the shows are in French only. Also, all shows are missing their UK Skits.