New Dutch Muppet/Fraggle DVD's OUT NOW!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I don't know if anyone knew but I just found out that the Dutch DVD's of "The Muppet Show(3 DVD Pack)" & "Fraggle Rock (3 DVD Pack)" has JUST been RELEASED NOW! :excited:

For more details click here - Can anyone can translate this as it's in Dutch :embarrassed:

See ya

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Jog posted this over at toughpigs a few days ago:

Posted by Jog on Tougpigs said:
The sets are released by Bridge Entertainment Group, a company that specializes in nostalgic youth series on DVD. Each set contains three discs, and they both have the documentary "Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" as an added bonus on the third disc.

-------------------------------

The Muppet Show set has twelve episodes (four per disc). They're random episodes, categorized by the type of guest star, which is a bit of a letdown... though it looks like they might release more episodes since they haven't covered "musicians" yet. Many of these were released on DVD and VHS before by HMV, with the exception of the Candice Bergen episode.
Season 1 episodes do not have their original openings. Another interesting note is that the package says "Twiggy and Mary Roos", though the clip with Mary Roos (which was made for the German version of the episode) is not featured.
The episodes are in English with a Dutch subtitle option.
The menus are very well made: it shows old fashioned theatre posters of the Muppets, and Kermit sitting at his desk backstage, looking at the menu with a weird look on his face (taken from the Sylvester Stallone episode).

The episodes are:

DISC 1: COMEDIANS
Bob Hope - Steve Martin - John Cleese - Peter Sellers

DISC 2: ACTORS
Sylvester Stallone - Dudley Moore - Star Wars - Roger Moore

DISC 3: ACTRESSES
Candice Bergen - Twiggy - Julie Andrews - Brooke Shields

----------------------------------

The Fraggle Rock set is a lot more interesting since it has the first 17 episodes in chronological order, complete with opening/closing credits. These were the episodes that were released on rental video in the Netherlands, before Fraggle Rock was shown on television; so sadly I have no idea if they have access to other episodes. It's from the American series with Geri Parkes as Doc.
The main menu takes us down past the pipes into Gobo's room, where he's reading: Mokey peeks through the window, Red comes flying in and Wembley runs over her (taken from episode 1).
The episodes can be watched in Dutch or English and there's a Dutch subtitle option.

DISC 1:
Beginnings - Wembley and the Gorgs - Let The Water Run - You Can't Do That Without A Hat - The Thirty Minute Working Week - The Preachification Of Convincing John - I Want To Be You

DISC 2:
The Terrible Tunnel - The Lost Treasure Of The Fraggles - Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk - Catch The Tail By The Tiger - The Finger Of Light - We Love You Wembley - The Challenge

DISC 3:
I Don't Care - Capture The Moon - Marooned

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Wow! I really like the looks of the cover. That picture that they use for everything looks great with the replacement of Pepe with Fozzie, Janice, and Floyd. It makes me happy to see the classic characters being put on merchandise again... :big_grin:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Guys

Did you know that a second volume of The Muppet Show from "Bridge Entertainment Group" is out? :excited:

Check it out : CLICK TO VIEW

See ya

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I recieved this disk on Friday, its great, it kinda follows on from the first set, the disks are printed in the same way.Its a nice double set, shame there are no extras on here though.

Been meaning to ask....... On the 3 disk set, it states it has the Twiggy & Mary Roos epsiode, however when I watched it it was just Twiggy???

Chris

MockMockChef

Reaction score
Its in stores for almost a month.There really good episodes on those discs.I hope (if there will be a 3th volume)there will be again three discs.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
I recieved this disk on Friday, its great, it kinda follows on from the first set, the disks are printed in the same way.Its a nice double set, shame there are no extras on here though.
Are the DVD menus animated or still? and are the menu designs the same as the first one? :big_grin:
Kermieuk said:
Been meaning to ask....... On the 3 disk set, it states it has the Twiggy & Mary Roos epsiode, however when I watched it it was just Twiggy???
One possibility may be copyright issues, also the episode was German dubbed, the others are original English language :zany:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Danny

The menus are I think the same. It has the list down the side with Kermit at the desk. He keeps moving his head looking at the list. The Star menu (episode selection, has a pic of all 4 guest at the top, the guest is in color and the muppets around them are in Black and white.

Speak soon,

Chris :concern:

MockMockChef

Reaction score
This is on the second TMS box set:

DVD 1:Zangers

ep.1:Charles Aznovour, ep.2:Elton John, ep.3:Alice Cooper, ep.4:John Denver, ep.5:stick_out_tongue:aul Simon
This episodes are sorted by season.(It is played at that way.)

DVD 2:Zangeressen

ep.1:Liza Minnelli, ep.2: Diana Ross, ep.3:Shirley Bassey, ep.4:Gladys Knight
Again on the way there played at the DVD. (Ep.1 &2 are season four, ep.3 & 4 are season five.)