New Dark Crystal Series Coming to Netflix

mr3urious

Reaction score
Holy crap, this looks amazing! If a sequel won't cut it with expanding on the world and characters of Thra, then a Netflix series is the next best thing, where they should have a ton of creative freedom compared to a TV network. Plus, you won't have to worry as much about a show getting swiftly cancelled, as their shows seem to have more security.

Also massive props to sticking with puppets and animatronics, which gives me a touch more hope that the proposed Labyrinth spin-off movie will go down that path. Hopefully JHC will twist enough arms to keep CGI to a minimum there.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
This is only intended for a limited run series isn't it? They'll probably tell the story within one season, but this could open the door for another series that jumps in the timeline. Doesn't Netflix typically make all the episodes available at once?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, I wonder just how the CG will be used? I'm confident JHC will use it smartly, like for particle effects or compositing. They did that well when they worked on the live-action Flintstones films and Where the Wild Things Are.

gravy

Reaction score
I was never a big fan of The Dark Crystal even after I watched it- but now that a prequel comes not only am I so hyped for a new adaptation other than books, but we can finally get an explanation of what happened before rather than the backstory in the beginning.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm SO excited about this. I've waited for something new from The Dark Crystal (aside from merchandise and Robot Chicken parodies) for a loooooong time now. :scary: