New Characters

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
can i ask u guys something.
call me an old fashioned muppet but-
i was never too keen on the 'newly introduced' character, around the Muppets tonight era, such as Cliffoed, andy and randy, Bobo, sal & Johnny fiama, pepe, seymour and so on
why could'nt henson use the real, proper, muppet characters like Beau, Hilda, wayne & wanda, Nigel, THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM (which hardly ever appear know) Lew Zealand, crazzy harry, thog, Marvin suggs, the Newspresenter and so on :sympathy: and rowlf dear rowlf

Marky

Reaction score
I sort of agree with you on this one. I mean, Pepe is funny, and introducing new characters is not always a bad thing. The thing about Muppets Tonight for me was that there were too many of them to get used to at once. I disliked Clifford from the get go - "I'm your homey made of foamy". Bleh.

I really, really wish they didn't brush Rowlf, Floyd and Dr. Teeth to the side like they have since they were my faves (being a musician now myself) and gave the slightly grown-up but cleverly subtle humor which everyone agrees is missing from current projects.

Then again, I'm of the Gen X fanbase (I'm 33) who still considers Elmo (the Jar-Jar Binks of Muppets) new to Sesame Street.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
ha, i think Elmo's older than me.
But yeh i think floyd, dr teeth, and good olRowlf were thrown aside to let the new foam fools have the lime light. Bad move henson

Marky

Reaction score
The big bear in Muppets from Space was funny. So was the gang of Rats. But man! The Mayhem stole the show in the 1st Muppet Movie.

BRING THEM BACK!!!!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
the problem with all the lack of classic characters was there was no jim henson ro perform all those great characters so I believe thats why they got the brush off so to speak because they couldn't find anyone good enough to perform them back then.
-Vaughn Michael

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
yeh thatsm a point, but what about characters like beau, dave is still around performing, but i have'nt really seen Beau perform fully since the muppet show years.
And its the same with Lew Zeland, Marvin suggs, thog, Crazy harry, i mean Jerry and Frank have just recently gone, they were there there all of the 90's and early 2000's i have'nt seen/heard any of the above characters since the m s

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Muppets Tonight was a diffrent show so they need to have diffrent Characters

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
personally i hated muppets tonight, and the main reason was because Kermit was'nt host, and it was just so crappy, i did'nt have any decent elements that the Muppet show had