New Article On Jim Henson's Puppet Improv

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
heralde said:
It all really depends on what level of adult humor a show uses. Adult humor can be witty and sophisticated, or it can be tasteless.

I know exactly what you mean. Very well said.

Lynnette

Reaction score
There's another thread here on this topic and some people are going or have already gone to see the improv show. Just FYI.

-Lynnette

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
This show is selling particularly well at Edinburgh at the moment...whilst some fans are against it the public in general are loving it. I saw three performances this week, which were all very well attended. Please remember that they are doing a seperate Kids improv show which is completley clean, and that whilst the Adult show has an adult only audience a lot of the material is clean, sketches I saw included people being layed off from insurance companies and cavemen talking about wigs. It's not all smut, and it's certainly worth going if only to see Julianne Buescher perform.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Tim said:
Sad..truly sad.

If you can't be good, be dirty, I guess.

I'm sure this will REALLY help them with Disney!
it's not sad it's amazing this is a one of a kind concept and I have to say I'm quite happy the henson company are doing new wonderfully creative things.
The show it's self is not dirty...it's very funny I couldn't stop laughing most of the time.
And if the show ends up being dirty it's because of the audience not Brian and his crew.
And seriously what does Disney have to do with any of this...seriously some times I wonder arg.

beaker

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
yes like I've seen before some of them are shhh :wink:
Well isn't one of the puppets the possum on Statler and Waldorf at the movies and the koala from Animal Jam? Look at Mopatop in the UK or that Australian Jim Henson animal show; they all used and interchanged Muppets from all different eras and productions.

I myself never saw a seperation between Sesame Street, Bear In the Big Blue House, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Show, etc other than legal technicalities.
So to me aside from creature shop/fantasy, anything coming from Jim Henson is still Muppet universe to me.

beaker

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
And if the show ends up being dirty it's because of the audience not Brian and his crew.
Now that's what I call true democracy:smile: