New Article On Jim Henson's Puppet Improv

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
It's an interesting article and I would like to check out the show. What do you guys think about them calling it "Jim Henson's puppet improv"? Do you think there will be a controversy about that since it is much more adult? I know Jim Henson snuck in some adult humor into his shows, but this seems to be much more so.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I personally have no problem with them using Jim's name. After all it is coming out of the company he pretty much founded.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I don't Mind them using Jim's name it's a good show and it reminds me allot of him and what he was about...so even though they swear i don't mind Jim even did every once in awhile joking around.
I always find it so funny that muppet fans get up in arms about dirty jokes when Jim wasn't afraid to throw a dirty joke in his shows or movies.
They also use allot of very nice puppets in the shows some from city kids, some whatnots I haven't seen in years, as well as some jim henson hour looking stuff, also I think the one little guy is from animals jam but I could be wrong...never watched that show it annoyed me lol, Oh and they used the muppet mink that has been on a number of jims shows.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Great article, glad Henson Co. is getting some spotlight time. Would love to actually see the show in person sometime, improv is the best.

Oh, and I don't think Piggy would blush at all. :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It all really depends on what level of adult humor a show uses. Adult humor can be witty and sophisticated, or it can be tasteless.

Tim

Reaction score
Sad..truly sad.

If you can't be good, be dirty, I guess.

I'm sure this will REALLY help them with Disney!

tomahawk

Reaction score
Tim said:
Sad..truly sad.

If you can't be good, be dirty, I guess.

I'm sure this will REALLY help them with Disney!

Why would they want help from Disney on this? This is a totally seperate deal. It has nothing to do with the Muppets. And have you even seen the show? Or are you just trying to take some imaginary high road?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I know! I'm gettin sick of it too.... People Disney has NOTHIN to do with the JHC, just the Muppets! remeber they BOUGHT the Muppets from JHC 2 years ago now! mannn.... you think 99% of other Muppet fans would know this by now! :rolleyes: :smirk: