New 2008 Kermit Wooden Nutcracker

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a better one from the 90s listed on Muppet Central's archive products page that actually functions. This one doesn't appear to do so. I would think the likeness could have been painted better without articulation. It's okay and very cool to have been made, but I like the Amphibian Flyer model better. :smile:
Looking closely at it, it looks like it could function...
just... well, you crack the nut in his chest, and not his jaw.

And there IS no way to phrase that without it sounding horribly wrong and or morbid.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Any chance this is being sold at WDW? Seems like it'd be a hot item at the Christmas store in Downtown Disney.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Uh... I can't see where it cracks nuts.
I agree. Even though these things aren't really used to crack nuts, they do need that traditional mouth lever. Otherwise it is just a figure with a tail and weirdly spherical hands. I am thinking that it is possible that the lever is under the chin and that’s why Kermit is looking up? I'll pass. There's much more Muppety goodness to come. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Diagram

The dark blue circle is where the nutcracking lever seems to be, and the smaller light blue circle highlights a small gap between the beard and suit, where the device very well could be.