Neoprene Rubber ???

pierat

Reaction score
hey hey

http://logos.goodnews.net/~time/

Hey Phil!!!!

Nice to actually catch you in a timely fashion! Actually family is good but I'm sick. 8 (

Oh, well at least it gave me more time to play on the computer than I have had in a long time. Perhaps I will even post our new hot dog puppets pic on my site later today.

Sorry, no substitute for gasket rubber yet but I've been working with a few puppeteers in Ohio and Indiana and getting alot of great ideas and tips in the last year so you never know?

Currently when I want a flex mouth I stil use the gasket rubber at the hardware store in the redish brown color. Usually found around plumbing but you have to ask sometimes it's well hidden.

The down side to that is they only offer it in 8" squares or so and if your making a larger mouth that isn't prefered. So, I'm still somewhat in search of larger sheets myself. Although one of my puppeteers now has access to free brown board for all of our mouthplates and cuts for me. 8 )

It's easier than working with plexiglass and easier to drill through without cracking. You can find brownboard at most lumbar/ hardware stores. Also it's used to make the whiteboard like sheets which only cost me $10.00 for a 10 ft x 4 ft sheet last time I bought one.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Certain types of vinyl can actually be used very effectively as a subsitute for gasket rubber when making mouth plates. We sometimes cut a mouth plate out of 1/4" polyfoam and then contact cement thin vinyl over top which also works nicely when there is no gasket rubber around.

The original post was the first I've heard of neoprene being used for mouthplates. What will those crazy kids think of next?