Need Help With a Sketch...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching Plaza Sesamo On Demand, and one sketch I found interesting was a really old sketch with Count Von Count and the lavendar anything muppet dressed up as I'm assuming an Igor-like character, he has a white lab coat and a weird blue hairdo (and crooked eyes); in the sketch Count and his assistant are counting down the launch of a rocket ship in the middle of Count's living room, after the count-down the rocket fires but doesn't take off and Count happily starts the count-down all over again while he assistant starts running around and laughing crazy-like.

Does anyone know if the original English version of this sketch might be available on YouTube, if not, can anyone tell me whole performed Count's assistant and what his name was (I'm assuming he was played by Richard Hunt since he and Jerry always tended to do sketches together)

superboober

Reaction score
I haven't seen it on You Tube yet. I'm also not sure what the assistant's name is; this may have been his only appearance. On a more personal note, this sketch was the first one in which I--3 years old at the time--noticed a puppet's hand wires, which were clearly visible when the assistant jumps up and down after the rocket misfired the second time, although at the time I wasn't sure what it was, presuming he might be using a one-handed pogo stick for whatever reason.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I pretty much noticed the rods all my life, but as a child never really comprehended that a Muppet was a puppet; when I was REALLY little I thought Muppets were real (as I'm sure we all did) but when I got just a LITTLE older I was thinking because they were so short compared to real human beings that little midgets or kids dressed up as the Muppets and grown-ups provided the voices until my mom just HAD to break the truth to me that "Muppets are just puppets".

travellingpat

Reaction score
Ive seen this sketch before its very funny in Spanish, I think i saw it on Play with me Sesame once too

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Snowtheeeeeeeee Baaaaaabbbbbbyyy!!!
*Runs up and slaps Snowth on the back. Came in here, thought I'd help you with one smal tidbit of information. Don't know if this clip is available on youtube.com, nor do I know who performed the character... But the scientist who built the rocket ship and assists the Count during the countdown is named Professor Rainbrain. The funny thing is that the countdown, in the English SS version of the sketch, is performed in English first and then in the Count's native Transylvanian German dialect. Hope this helps.

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
YESS!
I've looked for that skit for a loooooong time! But it's not on youtube! :frown:
Maybe we'll find it somewhere else!
It's my favorite skit!:smile:

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
And Professor Rainbrain was portrayed by Frank Oz in English, I am sure of it.