Need Help Identifying this Muppet

mrmacleod

Reaction score
I attended my company picnic and we had a
display showing some old commercials of our product. The commercials were from the 50's
of possibly 60's and I was surprised to learn that our company had actually hired Jim Henson
to do them. There were two muppet characters in the commerical. One of them was Kermit in
his early form which looked more like a lizard
than a frog. The second character is my question; who was it? The character was red in color, seemed similar to Cookie Monster, but I
am not sure. Does anyone have an idea? Also,
a pic or link to a pic would be appreciated.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Welcome to Muppet Central. Maybe you're thinking of Arnold the Munchos Monster? Would recommend you also check the Muppet Wiki at muppet.wikia.com, as that's a great help to all fans. Hope you have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

mrmacleod

Reaction score
not arnold

I looked at the site with the pics and
that was not the same character. I
believe the Arnold character looked
exactly like Cookie Monster. Also, the
Muncho's commericial was from 1969
and our commericial was definately
made much earlier.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it would help to know what your company's brand/product is and around what time the commercials were made. Also, you can search through the category of Muppet Commercials characters at the Wiki to find the one you're looking for. Hope this helps somewhat though. :search:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I attended my company picnic and we had a
display showing some old commercials of our product. The commercials were from the 50's
of possibly 60's and I was surprised to learn that our company had actually hired Jim Henson
to do them. There were two muppet characters in the commerical. One of them was Kermit in
his early form which looked more like a lizard
than a frog. The second character is my question; who was it? The character was red in color, seemed similar to Cookie Monster, but I
am not sure. Does anyone have an idea? Also,
a pic or link to a pic would be appreciated.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_and_Friends any here?

mrmacleod

Reaction score
Thanks

Yep, that helped a lot! I found an entry on the
site. Thanks!