Need help identifying Kermit/Animal figures

megvmeg

Reaction score
I have two big Muppet Show figures: Kermit in a director's chair (~2 feet tall) and Animal playing the drums (~1.5 feet tall). Photos here and here.

They are made out of a heavy, squishy, rubbery material. I believe that they are German manufacturer mock-ups for something; they have labels on the bottom of their bases that say "Pre-Pro Sample" with handwritten dates and notes. My sister was given them about 5 years ago when she was temping for the Jim Henson Company (they were moving or shutting down one of their workshops and getting rid of lots of stuff).

Does anyone know what they are or how much they might be worth? Thanks! :attitude:

muppetperson

Reaction score
They were made by A La Carte in Germany.If you go to the muppet collectibles section on this site and click on Toys and scroll down, you will see their Statler & waldorf, Swedish Chef and Bunsen & Beaker prototype.They were made out of Latex, not my favourite material otherwise I would of bought them.I think at the time, Statler & Waldorf were selling around $80, but as you have prototypes, they would be worth much more.

megvmeg

Reaction score
Thanks! I wondered if that was the case, but then this comment from April 2002 indicated that A La Carte had already been out of business for a few years by then. The notes written on my figures say, "2nd IMA Germany, Received 12/18/02, Comments sent 1/9/03", so I wasn't sure if they could still be part of that set.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Five Statler & waldorf statues are currently available on ebay in Germany.Item#380239521848 for EUR58.99(approx US$85.66) each.They have one Bunsen & Beaker left if you ask them(EUR58.99).