NECA shows off a new Sesame Street action figure line!

MWoO

Reaction score
Q3 2024 is July-September, so they're coming very soon!
Assuming that's what the card said. It's hard to make out the last digit of the year.

However, we've seen toy companies do fairly quick turn around when they need to. NECA, for example, didn't even show their "Tree Pusher Earl" variant until it was already I
On Target shelves. They had the same happen with some of their Turtle figures where they were found in store before we knew about them.

It could also be that they go up for preorder in q3 with the actual release being later.

MWoO

Reaction score

According to this tweet from the sculptor of the line, the figures will fit in with the Palisades Muppets and Super Grover. Which also means the fraggle from BossFight will work with them too, though the fraggles are bit more vibrant.

It finally happened. The 3 main Muppet families will have a cohesive display of action figures. Across different times, toy companies, and media companies, but it happened!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can not frogging wait! To have NECA Bert next to Palisades Ernie hanging out at the backstage of the Benny Vanderghast Memorial Theater built by John Stone. And :NECA Count von Count chatting with Uncle Deadly, if these are released by theholidays, then it'll be a very merry Muppet Christmas indeed.

rexcrk

Reaction score
If these will really scale with Palisades’ Muppets / Super Grover, then I’m all in. Well, all in on characters I really want. I don’t think I’ll go super-completist like I was in the old days, but I’ve wanted more Sesame Street guys to go with Super Grover for a very long time (but you all know that… you guys were there when Palisades was making them like twenty years ago lol).

I’m so glad that they’re making Bert and Ernie at the same time. I’d have hated to have only gotten one or the other (still sad that there is no Sal to go with Johnny).

Ideally, the next round will have Cookie Monster, Grover, and Oscar.

MWoO

Reaction score
If these will really scale with Palisades’ Muppets / Super Grover, then I’m all in. Well, all in on characters I really want. I don’t think I’ll go super-completist like I was in the old days, but I’ve wanted more Sesame Street guys to go with Super Grover for a very long time (but you all know that… you guys were there when Palisades was making them like twenty years ago lol).

I’m so glad that they’re making Bert and Ernie at the same time. I’d have hated to have only gotten one or the other (still sad that there is no Sal to go with Johnny).

Ideally, the next round will have Cookie Monster, Grover, and Oscar.
Having Bert and Ernie release at the same time makes good business sense. I didn't get why Palisades was going to separate them. If you sell one, you'll sell the other at the same time. I'd bet the Martian are a two pack.

Based on these, I wish NECA had the Muppet license as well. I'd love to see a Piggy or Kermit from them.

MWoO

Reaction score
Another small update:

The lamp post shown at comic con was just a show piece for now. It will not come with Ernie. Which means Ernie may be a bit light on accessories.

It's confirmed that each figure will come with a letter just like Palisades originally intended.

Bert and Ernie should be out before the holiday season, pending approval.

MWoO

Reaction score
Errrr... What about The Martians?
First I've heard anything about them in this thread. :confused:
Ibwas just saying that it isnsmart to release characters that go together in the same line and surmised that when they get to the Martian they may be a 2 pack.