Nearly Missed

ssetta

Reaction score
I've actually been wondering about the classic song "Nearly Missed" from the Sesame Street Book & Record. I know that most songs on there were featured in Season 1, but now that we have full guide info for all the Season 1 episodes, it would appear the song was never used in season 1. I wonder if they decided to put it on the album because it was cut from the show, although it was sung by Susan in episode 765 from Season 6.

Another thing I've noticed about the song, is that it's actually very similar to the SS theme in a lot of ways. It has a very similar introduction with the same rhythm, it has verse 1, a refrain, and then verse 2, and the refrain again, and then a bridge, which secludes back into verse 1 again. I think that of all songs from SS, I think it's the song that sounds most like the theme. Also note that it was the next to last song on the Sesame Street Book & Record.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I've actually been wondering about the classic song "Nearly Missed" from the Sesame Street Book & Record. I know that most songs on there were featured in Season 1, but now that we have full guide info for all the Season 1 episodes, it would appear the song was never used in season 1. I wonder if they decided to put it on the album because it was cut from the show, although it was sung by Susan in episode 765 from Season 6.

Another thing I've noticed about the song, is that it's actually very similar to the SS theme in a lot of ways. It has a very similar introduction with the same rhythm, it has verse 1, a refrain, and then verse 2, and the refrain again, and then a bridge, which secludes back into verse 1 again. I think that of all songs from SS, I think it's the song that sounds most like the theme. Also note that it was the next to last song on the Sesame Street Book & Record.
I've got this book and record set if you'd be interested in owning it.:smile: