NATIONAL DAY OF PUPPETRY in Chicago, IL

Quesal

Reaction score
Hey All!

Do you love Puppetry? Live in the Chicago area?

The Chicagoland Puppetry Guild presents The National Day of Puppetry Celebration on Saturday April 16th, 2011.

This festival of puppetry will happen at The Irish American Heritage Center at 4626 N. Knox in Chicago, IL. You can get more information by calling them at 773-282-7035 ex. 19.

Doors open at 10:00 a.m. and they ask for a donation of $5 at the door to go to the Chicagoland Puppetry Guild. There will also be a Puppet Market over the course of the day.

Puppet Shows will include The Roz Puppets performing a rendition of “Rumpelstiltskin” and Joan Wittenberg with “Finn McCool.”

At Noon, I, David Quesal and some of my puppets, will teach a Puppet Manipulation Workshop. I intend on giving some pointers to help puppeteers bring their puppets to life. I encourage my pupils to bring their own puppets. I hope to see you there!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh dude, that's awesome. I don't think I can make it to Chicago for that but it sounds like a lot of fun. That's great that you get to teach a workshop there though. Hope it goes well.

Quesal

Reaction score
Thanks. I hope it goes well too!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Is the 16th actually the national day of Puppetry? Or is it just the name of the gathering? I might set aside that day to make a puppet if it is.

Quesal

Reaction score
the 16th is the day of the fest, the actually day of puppetry is the 24th I believe

Greenlantern999

Reaction score
That sounds wonderful. If I am in town I'll be there for sure! That is also my sister in law's Birthday so I may be in St Louis, but I would love to be there. Puppets make me very happy and I think lots of folks get the same thrill from them so they need a day to be appreciated just a bit more then the other 364. Great luck to your celebration I do hope I get to see it myself.

Patrick