Nager's Syndrome

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hiya Guys!

I was asking my mother what I 'had', I am a few around the world that have Nager's Syndrome not Mental Redardated at all,but I have physical problems instead of mental.

I have 4 fingers,hearing aid,and lazy eye.

Here are all my surgeries:

-Trake
-Eye
-Eye
-Eye
-Hearing Aid
-Hearing Aid
-Jaw
-Head
-Jaw
-Feet
-Hands
-Leg
-Belly
-Neck
-Teeth
-Nose (trying to help me breath)
-Mouth (trying to help me breath)

If anyone has more info tell me, this is EXTREMELY RARE I just found out, wanted to share it with you guys. :smile:

ASailorsGal

Reaction score
Barry - I have never heard of Nager's Syndrome, but that doesn't matter. What DOES is the awesome attitude you have about your strengths and what you have ALREADY overcome. Wow. . . You ROCK!

Heather
:big_grin:

ASailorsGal

Reaction score
Nager's Syndrome is an extremely rare congenital defect that has only had 75 documented cases to date (11/17/1999). With several or all of the following characteristics: underdevelopment of the cheek and jaw area, down-sloping of the opening of the eyes, lack or absence of the lower eyelashes, lack of development of the internal and external ear, possible cleft palate, underdevelopment or absence of the thumb, and shortened forearms, as well as poor movement in the elbow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nager's_Syndrome

Well, now that I've read up on it, I'm even MORE impressed! And, you're only 13?! My new hero!

:big_grin: Heather

gipsey muppet

Reaction score
carry on Barry, it's not who we are in life it's what we do with our life that matters ! you seem to have a dedication to living that few are blessed with so enjoy what the lord has given you and cry not for what you haven't. after my death and rebirth, a whole nother story, my attitude changed toward life and now we try to live for the blessings of each new day. when we purchased electric mayhem "The Bus :flirt: " it was with the hope that we could bring joy into other lives, it seems to be working. it looks to me like your in california but if life or travels ever bring you to the saint louis area come over and we can maybe share a ride out to the dairy queen for a rootbeer float on The Bus. roger n cindy

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
One of 75...the way I see it, you are quite a unique individual, Barry Lee. Keep on keepin' on, and good luck to you in everything that you do.

antdude

Reaction score
I am over 11 years 9 months 29 days late since I just discovered this forum thread last night. I also have the same syndrome, but I am about two times older than Barry Lee and a fan of Muppets too! :big_grin:

Last edited: