My Visual Language Site

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
Well, my page is starting to take form, though I still have a ways to go. Besides being a web design project, meaning I need to make it look really well polished on the HTML side of things, including certain criteria for a third and final project, it is also a final image-gathering project for my other class. This entails looking all over the web for Muppety pics that fit what I'm trying to say. I will give credit for the pics where they're due, but on a side note, as I'm home for the weekend, I can't really get too many of these good pics saved onto my floppy disk. As such, I must wait to return to school to really get the gathering of images into full gear. Once I have those, I can work text around them, in what I want to convey. Many ideas still spinning in my head, and I've saved the contributed ones from the Delphi posts. Just thought I'd start the thread again to remind you all that ideas are still welcomed and greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to let you all know when I've finished and uploaded it. Take care. Bye!

-Squigiman

SuprGro78

Reaction score
What kinda muppety pics?

Not to be redundant, but what kind of Muppet photos are you looking for?

matleo

Reaction score
hey dude!

Haven't forgotten ya bud! I'm going to try and get those designs scanned in and sent to you ommorow morning., When is the project supposedo tbe done/graded? Anything else I can do to help, jut let me know. i'm in tech week this week, so things may get hairy, but I'll do what I can to help.

--Matt

Squigiman

Reaction score
Pics I need

Hey,
Thanks for all of your help, so far, especially Matt. I saw the e-mails, and can't wait to download the pics, which I should get to around now, actually. Anyways, I was trying to brainstorm some pics I could really use, and here are some I came up with:

Everyone with their eyes wide open at the end of "Happiness Hotel" in GMC,
Piggy with angry eyes, defending Kermit in TMM,
A good pic of Lips,
Pics from the same instant of Gonzo and Animal with eyelids down and then up,
Pics from the same instant of Dr. Teeth with shades/eyelids up and down.

That's about all I can think of for now, but they'd all be really important to my section on eyes. Thanks a lot. Take care. Bye.

-Squigiman

matleo

Reaction score
hey Squig,

Putting together another shipment for you now. I';; make sure to fit Lips n in there for ya. I'll look into the others for you. Don't have the GMC one. Piggy in TMM I can get you. I'll look for Teeth, Gonz, and Animal. that's a tall order, that one is. I'll sen what I can this afternoon.

--Matt

Squigiman

Reaction score
Thanks, Matt

Hey,
Matt, I really gotta thank you for all of the help that you've given me so far, gathering these pics. I'd get 'em, myself, if I had access to them, but some are harder to find than others. Once again, you're doing great, and thanks so much. Just if anyone else out there is listening, I'd like to see others lightening Matt's load. If anyone else can offer any pics or info they think I could use, I'd really appreciate it. The suggestions and pics I've gotten so far are continually expanding my horizons for this site. Thanks, once again for everything. Take care.

-Squigiman

matleo

Reaction score
hey Suig,
Glad to be of help. I think I'm tapped unless you have any other specific requests. I actually picked up my copy of Desgins and Doodles tody and flipped through it a bit (Thank god you have that one. i'd be here for months!!!) That should give you Sweetums, Rowlf, mahna mahna, Beaker (a better on than I sent you) B. Bird, Oscar, bert/Ernie, and even a little Cookie Monster on one page. Plus Koozebanians and such. Good book.
Anyway, unless you have something else you need, I'm out of photos, Ifyou think of enything specific, just drop me a note. I'm here and yo have my e-mail.

--Matt

Squigiman

Reaction score
More pics, anyone?

Hey Matt,
Or anyone else, for that matter, I still need some essential pics for my page. I really could use those Gonzo & Animal eye comparison shots, as well as good close-ups of Bunsen & Beaker together, Statler & Waldorf together, each member of the EM, a sketch of Zoot, if there is one, to go with the rest, and Piggys through the ages, in different outfits/hairstyles, and such. Thanks a lot, everyone, take care.

-Squigiman

matleo

Reaction score
careful Squig!!

Just to make somethng clear for Squigi. the 'sketch of Zoot" he's looking for would be a desgin sketch of Zoot (by Jim, Mike Frith, etc.) and not just a regular sketch of Zoot. Right Squig? I'll do some diggin tonight and get you Buns, beaker, Sta, Waldo, the EM and as many Piggys as I can find. Although I think promarily you're looking for 3 main piggy's. The 1970's piggy we're all so fond of, the mid-8-'s perm Piggy we all hate and the 90s Piggy with the short haircut. Yeah, Ithink I can find those. Talk to you later. Squig

--Matt

PS--I shoul also be able to sitdown and do that video tape for you this week. "Hobbit" opened theo ther day so things are much slower for me now.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Matt,
Yes, that is, indeed, what I meant about the Zoot sketch. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. If there is one, I could really use it to go along with the rest of the EM sketches you sent me. Also, I need a good facial close-up of Zoot, such as your avatar, though at a size more like the others you sent, which I must say are great. I'm especially pleased to see Teeth, in a position that seems to mirror the sketch, just as would be preferred by me. Sorry to put so much pressure on you, but no one else seems to be really contributing, and you're doing a fantastic job, my boy! Some really great stuff, so far, and I can't wait to see what else you have in store. Everything so far has been really terrific, just what I need, sorta stuff, and it's all really helpful. Just a few more pictures, and I should be able to sort it all out, and put it all together, into a fully functional site. Also, can't wait to see the tape, once the trade is complete, but what were you saying about "The Hobbit", though? Anyways, really great job! Thanks, once again. Let me know if you come across any good finds. Take care. See ya.

-Squigiman