My review of Looney Tunes: Back in Action

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Sam and Raplh are up there. :wink: I never forget Raplh or Wile! I love the Looney Tunes and I enjoyed seeing all my favorites! I'm very surprised they used the mad scientist that looks like Peter Lorre in the film, especially after only being in one cartoon.(Note to character list: he wasn't excactly silent-he did his laugh)I might actually see the film again! :big_grin: And did anyone else like the "I Wanna Singa" appearance...It mighta been cooler if they had actually showed him interacting with the stars,or in the cafeteria cameo scene. :smile:

-:excited:

Mr.Penguin, animation fanatic and cartoon expert

Jessica

Reaction score
I ALMOST went to see this movie, and to only see the "Harry Potter and The Prisioner of Azkaban" teaser trailer, but Warner Brothers was stupid enough to upload it like two days ahead, with the same name as "The Chamber of Secrets", only changing it to the "Prisioner" one. So, naturally, someone hacked the URL to find it, and volla! They lose MAJOR profits for Loony Toons: Back In Action.

Man, this movie could had made 8.1 million bucks for them if they were not so dumb to upload the trailer earlier. Shame on them!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Actually, I think that's better for you. Why pay all that money just to see the trailer? I agree that it would have meant more money for WB if they had waited. But I don't think people should have to pay money to see a movie that they don't even want to see.

When a studio deliberately makes us wait to see a trailer online so that we HAVE to go see some movie that we don't care about, they're trying to rip us off. THAT'S when I say "Shame on them"...not the other way around.

But that's just my opinion. :halo:

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
3 little fun facts

That trailer was kinda creepy.....Something Wicked This Way Comes :stick_out_tongue: .....
The Aunt Marge scene looks wierd-

NEW DIRECTOR: Alfonso Cuaron
SIRIUS BLACK: Gary Oldman
NEW DUMBLEDORE: Micheal Gambon
TRELAWNEY: Emma Thompson
LUPIN: David Thlewis

- :embarrassed:

Penguin-Who-Must-Not-Named

Jessica

Reaction score
Mr.Penguin said:
That trailer was kinda creepy.....Something Wicked This Way Comes :stick_out_tongue: .....
The Aunt Marge scene looks wierd-

NEW DIRECTOR: Alfonso Cuaron
SIRIUS BLACK: Gary Oldman
NEW DUMBLEDORE: Micheal Gambon
TRELAWNEY: Emma Thompson
LUPIN: David Thlewis
I thought it was a waste. But don't tell the actors that! I know some and I don't want them to feel bad. :big_grin:

Plus, we have to wait another six months to see it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Errr... By Lupin, you don't mean ol' master theif Lupin III, do you? There wioll be a live action remake (with American Actors!!!!! :grouchy: ) sometime... Hopefully they get Johnny Depp for the role (After seeing Pirates of the Carrribean, I though he'd play the part quite nicely)

ANYWAY... I finally saw it...

And let me tell you, for shame on the American public going to see Elf and Cat in the Hat instead! This was a darn funny, entertaining movie! It was my second favorite movie of the year (closely behind Finding Nemo). A definate improvement over space jam (if you didn't see the movie yet, I won't spoil the joke for you).

I mean, this was singlehandedly the best movie the WB has had in years! I really think that if people didn't flock to Elf (I just don't like Will Ferral, let's leave it at that) or Cat in the Hat (the less said, the better) this could have been a hit. Sadly it wasn't, and it deserved more!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Looney Tunes now on DVD! I bought it on Thursday and I watched 3 1/2 times since(and I watching it now)!

1.Alternate opening: Great! It was like Batman:The Animated Series with Daffy in the lead and Elmer as a Joker-like
villain.This was the cut scene where Porky and Speedy are policemen.
Porky:"It's a bird,it's a plane!"
Speedy:"Nope, it's a bird."
2.Alternate Ending, Now this stinks. If they used this the movie would've ended 15 min. early!
3.The cut Pepe scene is only able to be seen
through DVD-ROM but judging by end credits pencil tests they were scientists in the Area 52 scene.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
The New and Improved Back in Action Character List!

Bugs Bunny(star)
Daffy Duck(star)
Marvin the Martian(star)
Wile E. Coyote(semi-star)
Elmer Fudd(semi-star)
Tazmanian Devil(semi-star)
Yosimite Sam(semi-star)
Nasty Canasta(extended scene)
Granny(extended role)
Slyvester(extended scene)
Tweety Pie(extended scene)
Foghorn Leghorn(extended speaking cameo)
Pepe Le Pew(speaking cameo)
Penelope Cat(cut cameo...man I love her!)
Porky Pig(speaking cameos)
Gossamer(cut cameo)
Spike(barking cameo)
Chester(barking cameo)
Russian Hound(barking cameo)
Barnyard Dawg(barking cameo)
Ham and Ex(barking cameo)
Instant Martian(silent cameo)
Benny(silent cameo)
She-Devil(speaking cameo)
Squirrel from Much Ado About Nutting(silent cameo)
Gruesome Gorrila(silent cameo)
Charlie Dog(silent cameo)
Hippety Hopper(silent cameo)
Michigan J. Frog(singing cameo)
Ralph Phillips(cut cameo)
Ralph Wolf(silent cameo)
Sam Sheepdog(silent cameo)
Egghead(silent cameo)
Peter Lorre(speaking cameo)
Beaky Buzzard(speaking cameo)
Shaggy(speaking cameo)
Scooby(speaking cameo)