well done very nice ,

always nice to see some scaly creepy looikng puppets

loved it

Blink

Reaction score
Cantus said:
Thesse are just side characers too. The main is my favourite:

Pyke
I am curious, "What do you make your puppets out of?" They look like Latex rubber that has been painted and had a gloss medium put over them. Are they Foam Latex? Rubber LAtex? OR a different material?

Is the castle, Castle Grayskull? It looks like my old toy from as a kid. What is the secret of the green screen that you finally found out?

Sorry about all of the questions, but I am interested.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Those puppets are absolutely gorgeous. I love Pyke, he looks exactly like the kind of dragonesque puppet I've always wanted to build/perform.

Cantus

Reaction score
The green screen problem came down largely to the lighting specs and the editing software available, at one point I was editing across three different suites but I found some filters and packages that consolidated all the efforts. I used latex, then airbrushed them, the high reflection came from the lights, which were intense. I lost 4kg after 5 days shooting: 40 degree celsius days underneath 8 Redhead lights and a Blonde. I was the sweatiest dude alive.

Blink

Reaction score
Cantus said:
The green screen problem came down largely to the lighting specs and the editing software available, at one point I was editing across three different suites but I found some filters and packages that consolidated all the efforts. I used latex, then airbrushed them, the high reflection came from the lights, which were intense. I lost 4kg after 5 days shooting: 40 degree celsius days underneath 8 Redhead lights and a Blonde. I was the sweatiest dude alive.
Well the effect is great, but
what kind of latex? Hot foam or rubber?

SesameKermie

Reaction score
It looked great. I was about to ask if Terry Gilliam helped with the backgrounds and animation, but I saw you answered that earlier. I can't wait to see the finished product!

mushmellon

Reaction score
inspiring work cantus..
I too am working on a puppet film using blue screen techniques & latex puppets...

Only thing I noticed was some chroma "noise" stuff behind the main character when he walks across the window..
I fixed the same problem on my puppets using garbage mattes with feathered edges to hide the shadowy edges of my blue screen

Can't wait for more...

doctort13

Reaction score
Very very cool! Are you planning to release the final edit onto DVD?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I can only the others in saying tremendous work! I was also totally unaware of the green screen. I can't wait for the final edits with the recordings, only because I found myself trying to listen to the director (whispering off camera) instead of the puppets. Great puppetry! Thanks for sharing. :sing: