My Old Sesame Street Dolls

superfan

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, I have the Beanies too. Not the mini cereal box one though, the real ones. I remember when they first came out. It was my mission to collect all 25 of them, which I eventually achieved. Some characters were so much harder to find than others, it was quite a scavenger hunt. I suppose that was sort of my Palisades at the time. I was only able to find certain ones, probably about half, but then when Christmas came along I was pleasantly surprised to unwrap a box to see all the rest of the gang! They are all displayed in a line on my shelfs and they look great!
Any chance you cold send us pics of those as well, Bear? (or are they lurking about in another thread?)

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Yeah lets see em! So are they the Gund© ones, or are they a different kind?

Censored

Reaction score
I remember the Ernie and Bert dolls I had as a child; they seem to be rather obscure. They were made by the company called Knickerbocker. They were basically rag dolls that could not stand and their facial features were just drawn on them, except for their ears. They also had removable clothes. On the back of their boxes, you'd see a picture of Ernie, Bert, and Betty Lou. I don't believe any other Sesame Street characters were made in this particular company's style, and I suspect that the Betty Lou one may have never even been released.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea Betty Lou was released. I've seen her on Ebay.

Censored

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Yea Betty Lou was released. I've seen her on Ebay.

Was it? I never saw her sold in the stores with Ernie and Bert. Mind you, I'm not talking about any Knickerbocker Sesame Street dolls (I know they made plenty Knickerbocker toys with different characters), but rather this particular style with a completely two dimensional face, having a narrow profile, and was about 8 inches tall.

Erine81981

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Was it? I never saw her sold in the stores with Ernie and Bert. Mind you, I'm not talking about any Knickerbocker Sesame Street dolls (I know they made plenty Knickerbocker toys with different characters), but rather this particular style with a completely two dimensional face, having a narrow profile, and was about 8 inches tall.
Thats the ones I'm talking about. I have the small version of Bert. Thats the only one but I haven't see a small version of Betty Lou but a medium sized one.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
So, what do you guys think of that Big Bird doll? He looks like he's been smoking a little much...

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Yeah, when I found em I was carrying them around everywhere! They're great! And that Count looks like a perv..

LOL!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
superfan said:
Any chance you cold send us pics of those as well, Bear? (or are they lurking about in another thread?)
No, I've never taken pics of them. I suppose I could though. They are pretty great. I saw on a webpage one time what looked like a Grungetta beanie, but she wasn't part of this line of characters that I have. Anyone know anything about that? It was clearly supposed to be her though.

And they were made by Tyco, Nick.