My Granddaughter needs your prayers and support.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Wow, you might be one of the youngest grandfathers ever. But having a granddaughter is such a blessing. Praying for her good health.

Being a grandpa is like me being an uncle. You get to be the cool one, taking them out for ice cream and all that fun stuff, while the parents have to deal with the disciplining, changing the diapers and the not-so-fun stuff.

Way to go, Grandpa. Or is it Pop-Pop? How do we address you now?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My dad just said (I think) that I am a young aunt! My cousin just had a beautiful baby girl a few months ago and I get to hold her very soon at her baptism. I cannot wait!

AubreeMadison

Reaction score
My dad just said (I think) that I am a young aunt! My cousin just had a beautiful baby girl a few months ago and I get to hold her very soon at her baptism. I cannot wait!
I'm a young aunt too. I'm only 14 and my sister has a little girl who'll be 1 tomorrow.

However, congratulations again Dwayne!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Congrats Dwayne...does this make you officially OLD now? :wink:

Glad your family is doing well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Actually, that wouldn't make you an aunt, that would make you a second cousin.
If you had a brother or sister that had a kid, THEN you would be an aunt, and she'd be your niece.

My brother and sister have two kids each, so that makes me Uncle Brian to them.
My cousin has three kids, so I'm a second cousin to them, and they're second cousins to me.

That's how family trees work.
But even if you're not an aunt, your second cousin still needs your love all the same.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Actually, that wouldn't make you an aunt, that would make you a second cousin.
If you had a brother or sister that had a kid, THEN you would be an aunt, and she'd be your niece.

My brother and sister have two kids each, so that makes me Uncle Brian to them.
My cousin has three kids, so I'm a second cousin to them, and they're second cousins to me.

That's how family trees work.
But even if you're not an aunt, your second cousin still needs your love all the same.
You're right. Must have gotten confused there for a minute.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hey Dwaynne. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but, just wanted to say congrats on the new addition to your family. I've been praying for you. I hope all is well.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thanks everyone sorry for the lack of an update.
Nicole is home well her mom's home that is, and from what my wife and I can gather she is doing well. This has been a very challenging last couple of weeks for my wife and I, but more so my wife. There has been a wall put up between my step son and my wife mostly due to me being an idiot. They had promised her that they would be staying with us quite a bit since my wife did everything she could while the baby was in the hospital. So far that is not happening, and even though my wife says shes fine I know other wise. Now before you ask, yes i have done everything I can to help tear down these walls, but I'm starting to think those bridges were burt to badly.
Anyways, thanks everyone for your prayers and support! Love yall!