My first puppets

Wiltons World

Reaction score
Are you sure these are your first puppets? You seriously sound like you're a seasoned pro who should be building for the Creature Shop or Puppet Heap - especially considering you jumped into building a puppet with a mechie for one of your firsts.
Haha, thanks!:smile: Yes, Wilton was my first puppet. I always jump into everything with both feet and I wanted to put everything I could into these for my kids. I looked at a lot of online tutorials for puppet building and I saw a couple of eye mechs that I then used as a starting point to build mine. Working for a professional puppet shop would be great but I think at my age I'd be considered a late bloomer.:smile: I'm an artist by trade and have always enjoyed creating things with my hands, so making these two puppets was a blast and I really look forward to creating some more fun characters.

JammieJam

Reaction score
These are beautiful. I recently made my first puppet and as much as I love him, he looks like chopped liver compared to these handsome guys. Hats off!

Wiltons World

Reaction score
I would REALLY love to see a schematic!
I will definitely be doing that, but it will probably have to be after the holidays. I wish I could get inside Wilton's head and take some photos of his eye mechanism since I neglected to do so during the building process, but I'll be able to draw a detailed schematic that will convey how it works. Thanks so much for the nice compliments on my two fuzzy kids. Very much appreciated! I looked at Ollie, your first puppet - He looks great!!