My favorite aunt/godmother passed away

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was an amazing woman. I went through a pretty similar experience as you, actually. Several years ago I lost my mother to an aneurysm as well, and like your aunt she was also an English major with an excellent sense of humor. So I know how much this hurts, and for that I cannot offer my sympathies enough.

I know there's nothing anyone can really say to make the pain go away. Just know that we all care about you, and we're all here if you ever need to talk. Especially me. If you ever need to talk to someone who's been there, my message box is always open. Just like everyone else who said it before me, my heart goes out to you.
((((JG)))) Thank you. I didn't know about your mother passing away and I'm sorry:sympathy:. Thank you for offering your open message box to me. I know I'll be sending you a couple of messages to you. I know that losing an aunt is nothing compared to losing a mother. But my aunt was like a second mother to me.

Puckrox

Reaction score
((((JG)))) Thank you. I didn't know about your mother passing away and I'm sorry:sympathy:. Thank you for offering your open message box to me. I know I'll be sending you a couple of messages to you. I know that losing an aunt is nothing compared to losing a mother. But my aunt was like a second mother to me.
Losing someone close to you is always a really rough process nonetheless, no matter the relation.

I'm sending you lots of virtual hugs! My thoughts are with you.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------
*pours Kathy a virtual harvey wallbanger*

It's okay. You can have that one safely. :smile: I'm downing a few of 'em right now...virtual ones anyway. Sounds like things are still stuck in Awful mode for you, Kathy. Very sorry to see that. It will take a long time for the pain to diminish, I know. When is/was your aunt's memorial? Those are always rough, but sometimes necessary just to see family members and know some of them, at least, feel what you feel.

A misery shared is halved. We're all still here for you. :sympathy:
------------------------------

Katzi428

Reaction score
-------------------------
*pours Kathy a virtual harvey wallbanger*

It's okay. You can have that one safely. :smile: I'm downing a few of 'em right now...virtual ones anyway. Sounds like things are still stuck in Awful mode for you, Kathy. Very sorry to see that. It will take a long time for the pain to diminish, I know. When is/was your aunt's memorial? Those are always rough, but sometimes necessary just to see family members and know some of them, at least, feel what you feel.

A misery shared is halved. We're all still here for you. :sympathy:
------------------------------
Hiya newsie....taking the virtual drink & taking a one sip at a time
My family & I went to Kansas on Friday & her memorial was on Saturday.It was SO beautiful! My older brother,2 cousins (they're my aunt's son & daughter) my aunt's best friend since college & my aunt's friend that she taught with in school did eulogies. (I would have but :
a)I would have been in tears while up at the altar
b)there was a time limit for each speaker & there was SO much I wanted to say about my aunt & I would have gone on longer than allowed, I think .)
As I mentioned, my aunt had a beautiful singing voice. Several years back, she had given a lot of us audio tapes that she made of her singing in a recording booth. One of the songs was "Wind Beneath My Wings" So at the memorial, one of my cousins played the tape of my aunt singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" I had pretty much kept it together throughout the ceremony,but once the song was playing I started to cry.:cry:
Following the ceremony I talked to a couple of the teachers my aunt taught with. They told me something very interesting & sweet! My aunt had a picture of ME on her desk at school! I was SO happy to hear that.:smile:
I had told a couple of people after the ceremony (& also some people Online) I mentioned that my aunt was my godmother. .So everyone said the same thing: "Now she's your guardian angel" So I find comfort in that..