music for puppet shows

muppetfan89

Reaction score
could someone please tell me how to make music for puppet shows. I can write lyrics, but I don't know how to compose music. Does anyone have a solution?

KGIII

Reaction score
Well, as near as I can tell you have a few choices.

Learn to play an instrument (I'd suggest piano lessons because you can do a lot with a keyboard).

Find someone locally who is a musician and pay them to write the music for you or ask nicely as they may just want the exposure.

Search the internet for something called "creative commons" and music licensed under the Creative Commons license structure is free for use, editing, and in most cases only requires that you attribute them as a source if you intend to distribute the resulting changes you made to their work.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you have a Mac (or know someone who does) you can try using Garage Band, which makes creating music very easy.

ATG

Reaction score
Ah, Buck-Beaver-ya took the words right out of my...fingers!(?) We use Garage Band for our puppet show themes but, we're not writing musicals. It's mostly for mood and scene transitions. If you're looking to write music to sing to and you're not a musician..you might want to hire someone. If money is an object (and when isn't it?), you could possibly find a student that is studying music who would be interested in working for a smaller fee in order to gain experience. Best of luck!