Muppets Wizard of Oz Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone saw the newest Muppets TV production. And as always, I'm here to ask for everyone's help with getting the cast of characters sorted out to add to the Muppet Listings.

So, without further a-do, here's the list of characters I got I need help with.

Dorothy Gail. Or is it "Gale"?
Aunt Em.
Uncle Henry.
The Weatherman, he shows up toward the beginning of the film.
Toto.
The Mayor of the Munchkin Rats.
The Munchkin Rats.
The Wicked Witch of the East.
Tatty-Poo, the Good Witch of the North.
The Crow.
The Scarecrow.
The Tin Thing.
The Cowardly Lion.
The Savage Bunnies.
The Colliding Bridge Critics (Statler and Waldorf), hope that was the correct name.
The Poppy Fields Club Owner, Clifford, should he be added under such a title?
The Emerald City Doorman (Sam the Eagle.
Not sure how Scooter, Bunsen and Beaker should be added if at all. Should they be "The Wizard's Assistant" (Scooter) and "The Emerald City Scientists" (Bunsen and Beaker?
The Wizard of Oz, need help with all four forms he/she appeared as and his normal appearance towards the end.
Who portrayed the Wizard when he changed to the woman who tempted the Tin Thing?
The Flying Monkeys.
Floyd, the Leader of the Flying Monkeys, at least I think that was his name. This was the one who answered that the witch's bathtub water was partially filled or topped with water from the hose.
The Wicked Witch of the West.
Glinda, the Good Witch of the South.

Please post descripts of these and all/any other characters from the movie that should be added to the list. If describing human characters, please remember to add the names of the actors who portrayed the roles.
Hope to hear from my trusted sources soon and have a greatweeekend!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Scooter Busan and Beaker and Swethish chef all played themselfes

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
True enough, they even called themselves by their own names. But... The Swedish Chef just came in near the end with the bran cereal. Scooter, Bunsen and Beaker on the other hand, all had offices within the Wizard's charade at Emerald City. As the movie says, Scooter's the First Assistant to the Wizard himself, and then Tambor refers to Bunsen and Beaker as his scientists at Emerald City Laboratories.
Well, hopefully some of my other sources will report soon and we can get this all sorted. Oh, and remember to post with whatever other Muppet characters appeared that I might've left out. Should rully go over this again with the DVD release to ask about the one-lines of dialogue with characters I don't know who said the lines due to my eyesight.
Well, have a good night and a great weekend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Uh... You're saying that the Chef was named "Flakey" who was asked to bring the noggin?
Hoping for descripts of the characters from MWoO in hopes of getting everything sorted and added to the list.

Also, should this thread be moved to the Muppet Headlines section of the forum?
LMK and hope to get some more info from you guys and gals.

Beauregard

Reaction score
What help do you want with them? Who played them? Actors? Descripts?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. For the human actors, I'd appreciate getting the names of the characters, the names of the people who portrayed each one, and descripts of what they looked like.
As for the Muppet characters, I'm looking for descripts of what they each looked like.
The list of characters is in the first post of this thread if that helps. Again, hope to hear from you guys soon.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Sorry, Count. The line I posted was not Chef's name, but his one line in the entire film. If I confused you, I sincerely apologize. Chef played himself for his cameo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's OK pal. Just hope that my trusted sources have seen the TV movie and can help out with the descripts I need.
If not, then I guess I'll just go ahead and add the characters tomorrow or over the course of the next week and sort them out later.
Rully hoping for help with the new crop of characters from MWoO. And have a great weekend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh guys... Rully need help with descripts of all the vonderful characters from MWoO so they can be added to the list.
Should this thread be moved over to the Muppet Headlines section of the forum?
Already contacted Phillip about it. But what I rully need and would rully appreciate is help with descripts and sorting out all the characters from the telefilm with you, the people who saw it in its entirety.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.