Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, really good clip of them on NBC! Piggy was funny but classy. Kathie Lee was a bit over the top and Piggy didn't fall to Kathy's antics. It was so perfect. AND they found them so funny! I think Kermie seemed a bit too overwhelmed, but I'm glad he was there. :smile:

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
"STUDIO DC: ALMOST LIVE" TV Airings

Sunday, August 3rd at 7:00PM CST
Monday, August 4th at 1:05PM CST
Tuesday, August 5th at 4:00PM CST
Thursday, August 7th at 1:30PM CST
Saturday, August 9th at 2:00PM CST
Sunday, August 10th at 5:30PM CST

It will show at least once every day next week except for Wednesday and Friday.

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?id=8086205

armslength

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong or offensive as Kermit's costume for his musical number or Piggy's attempt at aping a Jonus Sister - it works in the context of what they're doing - no different than Kermit donning Western threads to yodel with Roy Rogers or Piggy stealing Raquel Welch's costume for her forced duet.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
ET. Remember. Used to hang out with a kid on a flying bike, and Drew Barrymore. I'm ashamed of that joke. I truly am.

And yes it is that short.
Oh! I can't believe I didn't get that.:embarrassed:

Remember when I said that Piggy would make a great Sharpay?

Well, I'll say it again: Miss Piggy makes a great Sharpay.
When you look at the clip with no sound it looks hilarious!

Here's the video of Kermit and Piggy stopping by the Today Show! :excited: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25910973#25910973
Awesome Interview!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree 100% she stole the show in this clip, and boy while Steve's Kermit was good in this that puppet seriously could use some work or something.:embarrassed:
Agreed! But, though it doesn't seem classic with Kermit wearing that costume or Piggy's wig...What DOES seem classic is what they are doing. Piggy and that girl stealing Kermit's attention from one another, and then finally just pushing him straight out the scene :stick_out_tongue: Totally classic, think "W.O. M.E.N."

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Agreed! But, though it doesn't seem classic with Kermit wearing that costume or Piggy's wig...What DOES seem classic is what they are doing. Piggy and that girl stealing Kermit's attention from one another, and then finally just pushing him straight out the scene :stick_out_tongue: Totally classic, think "W.O. M.E.N."
Yeah, earlier when I said "classic Muppets," that's about what I meant. The styles, the songs, the actors are all modern, but what Miss Piggy and Kermit are actually doing in that particular number is just classic. Very Muppet Show.

And, that's "W.O.P.I.G." :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.