Muppets Tarot Deck

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, that could work... Though I keep thinking of Beaker hanging upside-down, caught in some crazed new contraption built by Bunsen as more hilariously capturing the spirit of the card. *Sighs in need of inspiration to try and complete my own project, 40 souls left to at least have a full field, but nothing's coming to mind after running through most sources.

bandit

Reaction score
I know nothing about tarot cards, but oh my goodness does this sound like an amazingly cool project!
Agreed! This is all at a cruising altitude way above my head and yet I kinda want to watch.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
I actually think Walter comes closer to the spirit of the card, as the Hanged Man, change through sacrifice, and above all being willing to undergo that change. Nice.

I see Beaker in one of the minor arcana, probably swords...maybe ALL the swords. So many of them are about conflict and difficulty! :eek:
----------------

maiafire

Reaction score
Hi folks!
First post here!
I thought I'd mention that I will be starting work on a Muppet Tarot deck very soon and loved reading your comments and ideas. Geeky tarot decks are my thing and I've already designed a Twin Peaks tarot deck and am working on a Marvel deck and Cult Television deck. At the moment I am still trying to decide whether or not to include Fraggle Rock and Seasame Street. So many characters I want to include! Haha

cindysuke

Reaction score
Hmm, I think Dr.Teeth as the Sun would look posilutely so vivid and psychedelic. The meaning fits him, too. The ultimate warmth and positivity of the image is too much awesome for Teeth.

And I think the Newsman would look good on the Justice, hmm... or Scooter?

Beaker would work well on both the Tower or the Hanged Man. Those cards totally need someone terribly unhappy or terribly terrible.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good ideas from everyone. *Laughs at :crazy: blowing up a castle tower, because you'd get sooooooooo much flak for the thought of "blowing up the towers" otherwise. Also, you could do individual decks for Fraggle Rock and/or Sesame Street later.

maiafire

Reaction score
Haha yeah I think Harry is the only one that could get away with it ;-)
I love the idea of Janice and Floyd as the Lovers. I think I'm going to use Wayne and Wanda though because their S1 sketches always cracked me up XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wayne and Wanda as The Lovers, I like it. There's enough Muppets you can make both a complete major and minor arkana.
BTW: Has anyone thought of running with the idea of Marvin Suggs in his role as the Judge at the Wonderland trial from the Brooke Shields TMS episode as the Muppet for Justice? :zany:

maiafire

Reaction score
Yeah I'm definetely thinking of working on all 78 cards ;-) I've sketched a couple out but I need to finish my current project first plus a couple of other commisssions.
No idea who I'm going to use Marvin as yet but I like the idea of him in the Wonderland persona! :smile: