Muppets songs on "Pirates" CD

peyjenk

Reaction score
This is pretty crazy, I know, but I'm a library clerk, and today I came across a children's CD entitled Pirates of the Caribbean: Swashbuckling Sea Songs. It is produced by Disney and is an official, authentic movie tie-in product. The track list includes several songs about pirates, including the legendary "Yo, Ho, Ho (And a Bottle of Rum)" and the Pirates theme, "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)". But lo and behold, there is also "Shiver My Timbers" and "Sailing for Adventure" from MTI!

They aren't the actual tracks from the MTI soundtrack, but specially re-recorded versions of the songs. The liner notes say that these songs are performed by David Breeding, Allen Robertson, Jerome Schoolar, Larry Seyer, Craig Toungate, and David Wise, none of whom I recognize as being Henson/Muppet/Disney people. But whatever the case, the CD looks interesting and I think it is pretty funny (and cool) that they included a couple of Muppet songs.

anytimepally

Reaction score
neat! since it's a children's CD and Disney, though, it makes you wonder why they didn't just use the muppet versions

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Cool! Did you listen to it yet to hear what it sounds like?

peyjenk

Reaction score
No, I didn't get to check it out, because it was on hold for someone at another branch. I had to send it on its way without so much as a listen. :frown:

travellingpat

Reaction score
Hmm thats cool, Ill have to look into it..its cool that Disneys starting to kinda use the Muppets