Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

Drtooth

Reaction score
Guys, in exactly one year from today is when "The Muppets..Again" will hit theaters.
Wow. It seems so far away. I hope time goes fast....I hate waiting.
I hope they reconsider and put it much earlier in the month. Look at how well Oz did. Then when Dreamworks' film came out, it fell to third or so. Dreamworks has every intention of releasing Peabody and Sherman next March too. I kinda hope the Muppets would get a substantial lead in before then.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I hope they reconsider and put it much earlier in the month. Look at how well Oz did. Then when Dreamworks' film came out, it fell to third or so. Dreamworks has every intention of releasing Peabody and Sherman next March too. I kinda hope the Muppets would get a substantial lead in before then.
Again, Disney would benefit from a President's Day weekend release. And Valentine's Day being part of that weekend too. :shifty:

RC1979

Reaction score
I agree with you about putting it earlier in the month.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, Disney would benefit from a President's Day weekend release. And Valentine's Day being part of that weekend too. :shifty:
I dunno about February. That's kinda the month Disney dumped cheapquels and tv series movies on with mixed success (Jungle Book 2 and Return to Neverland flopped, but Recess did quite well). I'd say, they've had a hit with the Oz film releasing it earlier in the month of March, and there is that slight chance that The Muppets ...Again could have that kind of chance, before other kid friendly movies come out. I remember Meet the Robinsons came out the end of March and it did so so. At least it completely buried TMNT (which had a very strong opening weekend, and was low budget enough to make a respectable profit, so I hear), but it disappeared in April.

I don't know how Peabody and Sherman and The Muppets would compete with each other. I'm kinda hoping neither of the films do poorly, and there's enough of a gap that they both do well, if modestly.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Man, this movie sounds better every day:excited: . I saw the Avengers 3 times in theaters; once in 3D Imax, once in regular 2d, and once at a drive-in, and Hiddleston made that movie, and gave the Avengers a truly great villain to stand up to. Disney DOES have the rights to Marvel now, and already did a Phineas & Ferb/ Marvel crossover, so a Muppets/ Marvel crossover can't be too far off.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
Interesting...my first reaction to reading this was "meh"

Could be worse plots, but could probably be better plots too
I think the story is less important than the overal feeling that the film creates. For example, we'd seen the 'we must save the theater' story before (A Very Merry Muppet Christmas), but 2011's 'The Muppets' was such cheerful and nostalgic charmer that the recycled plot hardly mattered.