Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

Hubert

Reaction score
I don't remember if he was dressed like this in the last movie, but I am glad to see that Dr. Teeth has the fur vest back instead of the leather (?) one he has been wearing recently. Thanks for sharing the high-res pictures!
I'm glad about this also...the other vest just wasn't doing it for me. I know they have been giving the EM some new clothing, but I kinda prefer the old stuff they are known for.

EDIT: And that goes for all of the EM, especially Zoot. I'm glad to see he's back in his usual hat and glasses.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm glad about this also...the other vest just wasn't doing it for me. I know they have been giving the EM some new clothing, but I kinda prefer the old stuff they are known for.

EDIT: And that goes for all of the EM, especially Zoot. I'm glad to see he's back in his usual hat and glasses.
YES! Zoot's classic look is back. The EM changed their look back in the early 80's. Zoot and Floyd donned suits, Animal began wearing a t-shirt, Janice gained a pigtail, and Dr. Teeth mixed it up a lot too. I don't really mind these updates if they seem classically current. Zoot's new cap and tunic didn't really suit him. It's good to see him back in his trademark outfit.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't mind the 80s look of the band so much as the more current looks of the EM, mostly Zoot and Dr. Teeth. Their more recent outfits just didn't seem to fit their style. I know many fans loved Zoot's new look thinking that it was about time he gets rid of the original hat, but I feel like that's a part of Zoot that should be kept. Besides, the cap and altered glasses just didn't work for him too well.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
So exciting to see they (Disney) are getting a head start on this marketing thing. I just hope the general public doesn't get tiresome by the time the movie actually comes out. Seems a little early to be talking - not that I'm complaining! I think all of us as fans appreciate any little nugget they throw at us.

The photo is awesome! Love how it incorporated all the characters (at least most of them) and it ties in with the movie. I'm a little confused about this statement from Kermit though, "And the Dr. Teeth Band had to cancel a couple of engagements." Uhm, isn't that the Electric Mayhem Band?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't remember if he was dressed like this in the last movie, but I am glad to see that Dr. Teeth has the fur vest back instead of the leather (?) one he has been wearing recently. Thanks for sharing the high-res pictures!
Yes, he wore his original vest in the last movie. But when you mention the leather vest, are you talking about the black leather vest he wore in the 1980s (The Muppets Take Manhattan, Rock Music with the Muppets, A Muppet Family Christmas, etc.)? Because I don't recall him wearing that anytime recently. He has been wearing a new outfit elsewhere, but I don't recall it including a vest.

I'm glad that the Electric Mayhem is depicted in their original clothes as opposed to what they have been wearing in the last few years. It's interesting, in the last movie (and this image) they wore their original clothes but everywhere else (even most promotion for The Muppets in 2011) showed them in newer outfits.

That's a cool image. I wonder if this image shows all of the main (established) characters in this movie, or if any of those characters will barely be in it (as in they'll be seen a lot but won't get many lines or significant scenes). While Foo Foo isn't one of my favorite characters, I hope they didn't just put her in the promotional image if she's not gonna be in the movie.

I wonder if Kermit's remark about him not playing his look-alike is meant to inform us that Steve won't be performing/voicing him. Don't know who will perform him, but my nominations go to David Rudman (Peter Cratchet sounded so much like Steve's Kermit, and Steve had only performed Kermit two times before MCC), Artie Espioto (or however its spelled), or Peter Linz (just to give him another main character besides Walter... Though I would hope the two would interract).

It seems this and the last movie want to include plotlines used in the Boom comics. The last one has Animal becoming refined (like in The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson) and this one has a Kermit look-alike (also like in The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson) and the Muppets on tour (like in On the Road).

Interesting how the main villian is a Muppet but his sidekick is played by a human. That's different. I wonder if Constantine will redeem himself while the sidekick continues to be evil (if he's not already more evil). Until I read about the sidekick thing I wondered if maybe Constantine will reveal himself to actually be a human disguised as a Kermit look-alike.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So exciting to see they (Disney) are getting a head start on this marketing thing. I just hope the general public doesn't get tiresome by the time the movie actually comes out. Seems a little early to be talking - not that I'm complaining! I think all of us as fans appreciate any little nugget they throw at us.

The photo is awesome! Love how it incorporated all the characters (at least most of them) and it ties in with the movie. I'm a little confused about this statement from Kermit though, "And the Dr. Teeth Band had to cancel a couple of engagements." Uhm, isn't that the Electric Mayhem Band?

galagr

Reaction score
First thoughts...
From what I can see, it appears Sweetums will be chasing the Muppets again ( as he did in TMM). There's just something about that frazzled look and his crossed eyes that tell me more than he is just accompanying them. Although, I think the idea of Sweetums on a train ( the mode of transportation they appear to be travelling on ) cracks me up. Can you imagine? ( Excuse me, Excuse me, Sorry! ).

It appears that Miss Piggy will be having numerous ( albeit fabulous ) wardorbe changes throughout the film.

Good to see the Electric Mayhem in their original outfits ( where's Lips, DANG IT?! ).

I love the look of pure terror on Beaker's face even though the suitcase that is falling on him doesn't appear to weigh anymore than ten pounds.

Lastly, the rat on the far right of the picture sitting on the suitcase looks at me like I just said the wierdest thing to grace the planet. I probably did sometime today. :smile:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well no one asked me if they could change it! Hmph!!! :mad: *insert stiletto stomping*
I found this little image in my research for Muppety compositions and things. I doubt anyone changed the Mayhem's name. It's probably just one of those things, like when they sometimes pronounce Rowlf's name as Ralph. :sympathy: It's just awkward.